X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling for Extension Proposals

This thread is for anyone who would like to request, comment on or propose a Spring Extension.

JSR 303 Validation framework

I noticed there is a bean validation framework in modules, but not had a close look. I was wondering if would be possible to make this bean validation framework a JSR303 compliant implementation and have this as an extension project. Currently I only know of 2 compliant frameworks and one of those is badge under hibernate.

Potentially such a framework project could exist outside Spring and be just as useful but maybe there is something that could be value add if a JSR303 framework was implement in the context of the Spring IOC container. This is just me thinking out loud and currently have no basis for my views. If I get time in the near future I will read the spec and dig around the existing implementations.

Cheers
    Paul

Comment

I was playing around with custom scopes, and I found that it might be useful to have a group session scope. A group session scope, would allow to share information among http sessions, but only among those sessions belonging to the group (for example, people in a irc). The group the user belongs to, might be determined at session scope, or even at other scopes such us flow or view. I even made an small prototype, and I could share info between different http sessions.

Comment

Hi Rober2D2,

This sounds potentially like a new feature request on Spring Framework (for MVC) or Spring Web Flow rather than a full extension project? If you are seeing significant value then please raise a jira (after doing due diligence to make sure a similar request has not already been made) in the appropriate jira:

Spring Framework:
        http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SPR

Spring Web Flow:
        http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SWF

Best regards,
        Russ
        Lead, Spring Extensions

Comment

Spring Security Access Manager extension

This is a proposal for a Spring Security extension to include an adapter for Sun's Access Manager product.

I was on the subscription list for http://jira.springframework.org/browse/SEC-569, and saw it was just closed to "WON'T FIX". The reasons given are due to being dependent on a 3rd party, commercial product, and it being too much work to track those changes. The pushback was support being handled somewhere else, like Sourceforget.net.

Sounds like a viable candidate, if someone is interested in pursuing it as the project lead.

Comment

Spring Monitoring extension

i'll have to work next month in an application where i need to compute the execution time for different layers (principally services/bos and daos), logging that to a file and optionally present this information in a web page and as a JMX bean. Also i need to active or deactivate the trace and monitoring module via JMX beans or configure some Monitor for to a particular bean via jmx.

For the trace we are planning to log something like this
            Code:
            bean-name[business-object-entities] - method[getAllEntities] - user[USERNAME]time[1234 ms]
               sub operation - - bean-name[crud-generic-dao] - method[getAll] - time[234 ms]
                   sub operation - - bean-name[crud-dao-helper] - method[transform] - time[100 ms]
               sub operation - - bean-name[intranet-service-FN] - method[getData] - time[1000 ms]
            Basically i need to profile and show the execution stack of the application at any time, but .... it should be possible to active or deactivate this on the fly, by putting or removing a spring context file outside the application (${jboss.deploy.dir} in runtime and do a hot deploy of the application. Also it should be possible to active or deactivate some functionallities by a JMX Bean, like stop or start trace, monitor at bean lavel or method level, activate user monitor at application level, bean level or method level, etc.

For the moment i only need to apply an aspect (may be with the autoproxy capability) to all the beans with names (for example ending with *-bo and *-dao) or beans extending some interface that indicate the layer (BusinessObject, DataAccessObject, etc)

The monitoring would possible present information like this
            Code:
            Monitor[example.business.object-saveAllEntities]
               currentExecutions=2
               totalError=1
               minTime=300
               maxTime=1045
               totalExecutions=45

Comment

Spring Modules Caching

Is there any plan to bring over the Caching component from Spring Modules?

https://springmodules.dev.java.net/d...tml/cache.html

Cheers
              Paul

Comment

Originally posted by paulg View Post

Cheers
                Paul
                +1

This is the only module that I already use, but is really good, is worthy to include in Spring Extensions

Comment

+1.

Same here - could some springsource people comment on this?
                  Put in https://springmodules.dev.java.net/d..._single/#cache ? Or would you require a rewrite?

Comment

Extension proposal

I was working on an extension for spring that helps mapping the COBOL Commarea in a Spring-COBOL context via annotations. This simplifies a lot the tedious work of implementing the BytesToObjets and ObjectsToBytescalling methods on Spring ECI support. I think this is a useful extension.
                    I had tried to contact rmiles, send the extension proposal pack and post here several times, without any success :-(
                    I don't know if this the right place for posting this, but ... how and where can I propose our extension ?
                    Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by paulg View Post

https://springmodules.dev.java.net/d...tml/cache.html

Cheers
                      Paul
                      I would also like to see the caching component moved over to extension

Comment

Originally posted by magott View Post
                        I would also like to see the caching component moved over to extension
                        caching needs to become an extension, I'm surprised that it isn't

Comment

Calling for Extension Proposals

i have found that lots of the gex. extension files dont have any action buttons at all in them-all the gm examples are just coding not any action buttons

because of this i am wondering if you could make a rule that illustrates that all gex. files have to have action buttons in?

Comment

+1 for caching module. It seems to be the spring-module that's most frequently used, so why isn't it in Spring Extensions?

Comment

+1 for caching module!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X