Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing Configuration Object to DB4O File Container

Hi,

I am trying to configure a file-based DB4O container like:

<bean id="fileContainer" class="org.springextensions.db4o.ObjectContainerFa ctoryBean">
    <property name="databaseFile" value="file:d:/temp/actionPlanDB.db4o" />
    </bean>

This works fine, but I want to pass it a configuration object. If I do the following, I get an exception:

<bean id="fileContainer" class="org.springextensions.db4o.ObjectContainerFa ctoryBean">
    <property name="databaseFile" value="file:d:/temp/actionPlanDB.db4o" />
    <property name="embeddedConfiguration" ref="configurationObject"/>
    </bean>

<bean id="configurationObject" class="org.springextensions.db4o.ConfigurationFact oryBean">
    <property name="messageLevel" value="2" />
    <property name="activationDepth" value="3" />
    <!-- possible values are NEW, CLONED and GLOBAL -->
    <property name="configurationCreationMode" value="NEW" />
    </bean>

This fails regardless if I use clientConfiguration or embeddedConfiguration as the property in the container.

In the instructions it hints that this is possible, but I can't figure it out. Can you please provide an example or additional information on how to configure a file-based DB4O DB in Spring? What if I want to configure cascading or indexes on a specific class? Can that be done through Spring or is it just best to do all of this in Java?

Thanks,
    Tom

you are using the deprecated configuration system, you may want to try the new one:
    https://src.springframework.org/svn/...-3.0-db4o-8.0/ (work in progress, be careful!)

Comment

Working...
    X