Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prana to Spring Actionscript migration!

Hello,

I'm trying to port Prana 0.6 to Spring Actionscript 1.1. Can anyone suggest to what risks I'm exposed to? I mean are the xml configuration files from changed in Spring Actionscript or are the old xml configurations files from Prana compatible with Spring Action Scrpit?

Thanks

shouldn´t be a problem

There haven't been any significant changes to the XML dialect between v0.6 and v1.1, only additions really.
    Easiest way to find out is to replace your prana swc with the latest spring actionscript one and run your application. Most errors you'll run into will be the changes in package names which shouldn't take that long to fix.

If you run into any trouble then you'll know where to find us.

cheers,

Roland

Comment

Hello Roland,

Thank you very much for your answer. You're right that is what i'm doing right know.
      But I did found out that in my old application that used Prana some extensions were made in order to be able to define custom tags in the xml configuration files. I saw that they were extending XMLObjectDefinitionParser in order to support the new tags in the xml configuration file.
      Can I do this more easier in Spring Actionscript? I mean what clases can I extend in Spring Actionscript 1.1 to support new tags in the xml configuration files.

Thank you very much for your time!

Comment

Working...
      X