X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EventHandlerMetaDataPostProcessor could not be found

Hi, i am trying to run the cafe townsend samples with spring actionscript 1.1, but keep encountering this error:

EventHandlerMetaDataPostProcessor could not be found

i tried to see if it is in the library but realise that this class is not there.
    has it been removed? or it have been shifted to another library?

Regards
    Roy

renamed

Hey Roy,

sorry about that, that class has been renamed its now:

org.springextensions.actionscript.ioc.factory.conf ig.EventHandlerMetadataProcessor

hope that helps,

cheers,

Roland

Comment

Hi Roland,

Thanks a lot for the help

Regards
      Roy

Comment

Is there a way to get the documentation updated?

It would be great if the docs could be updated accordingly - the name change just hit me. Previous project working fine. New project new environment, my IDE refused to auto complete EventHandlerMetaDataPostProcessor for me. I almost took a guess and went with the right class but, being anal, I spent a whack of time reading and checking documents then browsing the library, then re-downloading SAS, and finally ended up here.

On the bright side, here exists!

Ted

Comment

sorry...

Hey there,

yea, I screwed up with that one, I'll get that sorted a.s.a.p. I didn't have a good overview of the changes when we rolled out v1.1 and voila, stuff like this pops up. I take pride in having our docs as up-to-date as possible, but i guess I dropped the ball here for a second. Please bear with me

cheers,

Roland

Comment

I am missing the same class

Roland,

I am using the demo application 1.1 titled Cafe Townsend from the tag 1.1. It more follows the type of system I would like to design, with the layers delineated as application-->domain-->infrastructure-->presentation. However, a couple of issues, the application doesn't run under FB4, indeed, it wouldn't compile unless I removed the leading package names with org.springextensions.actionscript.samples.

It's probably a namespace thing so i just eliminated that part and then it found the classes without a problem.

Once I did that I dealt with the following issue in this thread...

I too spent a little time looking for the problem why the
            <object id="eventhandlerProcessor" class="org.springextensions.actionscript.ioc.facto ry.config.EventHandlerMetaDataPostProcessor"/>
            wasn't being found.

I then changed it to
            <object id="eventhandlerProcessor" class="org.springextensions.actionscript.ioc.facto ry.config.EventHandlerMetaDataProcessor"/>
            and made sure I had the following in my compiler options: -keep-as3-metadata+=EventHandler as noted in the chapt. 5 Event Bus documentation.

I also have the following in the Main.mxml

private var _compiledClasses:Array = [ DefaultAutowiringStageProcessor, EventHandlerMetadataProcessor, ApplicationController, InMemoryAuthenticationService, InMemoryEmployeeService ];

private var link1:EventHandlerMetadataProcessor; --> Just to make sure...

I then get the following error when starting the application...

Error: A class with the name 'org.springextensions.actionscript.ioc.factory.con fig.EventHandlerMetaDataProcessor' could not be found.
            Are you sure the specified class has been compiled?
            Look for more information on this topic here:
            http://www.springactionscript.org/do...inclusion.html
            at org.springextensions.actionscript.ioc.factory.supp ort:efaultListableObjectFactory/getObjectNamesForType()[C:\projects\tmp\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\ac tionscript\ioc\factory\support\DefaultListableObje ctFactory.as:104]
            at org.springextensions.actionscript.context.support: :AbstractApplicationContext/registerObjectPostProcessors()[C:\projects\tmp\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\ac tionscript\context\support\AbstractApplicationCont ext.as:319]
            at org.springextensions.actionscript.context.support: :AbstractApplicationContext/loadComplete()[C:\projects\tmp\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\ac tionscript\context\support\AbstractApplicationCont ext.as:286]
            at org.springextensions.actionscript.context.support: :XMLApplicationContext/parse()[C:\projects\tmp\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\ac tionscript\context\support\XMLApplicationContext.a s:398]
            at org.springextensions.actionscript.context.support: :FlexXMLApplicationContext/parse()[C:\projects\tmp\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\ac tionscript\context\support\FlexXMLApplicationConte xt.as:214]
            at org.springextensions.actionscript.context.support: :XMLApplicationContext/loadNextConfigLocation()[C:\projects\tmp\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\ac tionscript\context\support\XMLApplicationContext.a s:436]
            at org.springextensions.actionscript.context.support: :XMLApplicationContext/loader_completeHandler()[C:\projects\tmp\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\ac tionscript\context\support\XMLApplicationContext.a s:370]
            at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
            at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
            at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

Anyway, I will look at this more tomorrow. It runs just fine (the css is hosed, but it doesn't matter) if i comment out the
            <object id="eventhandlerProcessor" class="org.springextensions.actionscript.ioc.facto ry.config.EventHandlerMetaDataProcessor"/>
            but of course the event bus doesn't work.

Any ideas about what I need to do?

Thanks,

Curtis Fisher
            Last edited by cdfisher; Dec 7th, 2010, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Spelling

Looks to me like your config file has the "d" in MetadataProcessor as a "D" thus "MetaDataProcessor" - it might matter.

Ted

Comment

Ted is right

Hey there,

I think Ted is indeed right, the correct name of the class is indeed:

Code:
                EventHandlerMetadataProcessor
                I think there's actually an inconsistency in the casing we're using throughout the framework, in some cases we write Metadata, in others MetaData.

I guess we owe you an apology for that

cheers,

Roland

Comment

Ever get that feeling?

The forest and the trees metaphor? I even looked at the source code and missed this! No apology needed. Next time I'll check every character out loud!

Thanks team, your patience is much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                  X