X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding an instance at runtime to an ApplicationContext

I'm looking to add an instance I only have access to at runtime to my Spring XMLApplicationContext. Is there a way to do this? I can only obtain a reference to this value at runtime, I can't instantiate it myself.

I am aware that I could use an intermediate class and instantiate it in my XML file then populate a property of it when the application context has been loaded, but I would prefer to do this before everything is loaded so when autowiring happens, everything is ready for my application.

indeed possible

Hi there,

this is indeed possible, use the registerSingleton method for that:

Code:
    xmlApplicationContext.registerSingleton("objectName", objectInstance);
    Hope that helps,

cheers,

Roland

Comment

Thanks a bunch, I must have missed that method! Keep up the great work guys!

Comment

Weird, there seems to be a little bug when adding a certain DisplayObject to the applicationContext. I'm using SA in a JW Player Plugin, and evidently trying to set the "name" property on a timeline object results in a runtime error:

Code:
        An ActionScript error has occurred:
        Error: Error #2078: The name property of a Timeline-placed object cannot be modified.
        	at flash.display::DisplayObject/set name()
        	at org.springextensions.actionscript.ioc.factory.config::PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer/resolvePropertyPlaceholdersForInstance()[C:\Resources\Flex\spring-actionscript-trunk\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\actionscript\ioc\factory\config\PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.as:302]
        	at org.springextensions.actionscript.ioc.factory.config::PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer/postProcessObjectFactory()[C:\Resources\Flex\spring-actionscript-trunk\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\actionscript\ioc\factory\config\PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.as:135]
        	at org.springextensions.actionscript.ioc.factory.config.flex::FlexPropertyPlaceholderConfigurer/postProcessObjectFactory()[C:\Resources\Flex\spring-actionscript-trunk\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\actionscript\ioc\factory\config\flex\FlexPropertyPlaceholderConfigurer.as:142]
        	at org.springextensions.actionscript.context.support::AbstractApplicationContext/doInvokeObjectFactoryPostProcessors()[C:\Resources\Flex\spring-actionscript-trunk\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\actionscript\context\support\AbstractApplicationContext.as:362]
        	at org.springextensions.actionscript.context.support::AbstractApplicationContext/invokeOrderedObjectFactoryPostProcessors()[C:\Resources\Flex\spring-actionscript-trunk\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\actionscript\context\support\AbstractApplicationContext.as:322]
        	at org.springextensions.actionscript.context.support::AbstractApplicationContext/invokeObjectFactoryPostProcessors()[C:\Resources\Flex\spring-actionscript-trunk\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\actionscript\context\support\AbstractApplicationContext.as:310]
        	at org.springextensions.actionscript.context.support::AbstractApplicationContext/resourceLoadQueue_completeHandler()[C:\Resources\Flex\spring-actionscript-trunk\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\actionscript\context\support\AbstractApplicationContext.as:398]
        	at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
        	at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
        	at org.springextensions.actionscript.core.operation::AbstractOperation/dispatchCompleteEvent()[C:\Resources\Flex\spring-actionscript-trunk\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\actionscript\core\operation\AbstractOperation.as:238]
        	at org.springextensions.actionscript.core.operation::OperationQueue/operation_completeHandler()[C:\Resources\Flex\spring-actionscript-trunk\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\actionscript\core\operation\OperationQueue.as:122]
        	at org.springextensions.actionscript.core.operation::AbstractOperation/dispatchCompleteEvent()[C:\Resources\Flex\spring-actionscript-trunk\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\actionscript\core\operation\AbstractOperation.as:238]
        	at org.springextensions.actionscript.core.operation::OperationQueue/operation_completeHandler()[C:\Resources\Flex\spring-actionscript-trunk\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\actionscript\core\operation\OperationQueue.as:122]
        	at org.springextensions.actionscript.core.io.support::LoadPropertiesOperation/properties_completeHandler()[C:\Resources\Flex\spring-actionscript-trunk\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\actionscript\core\io\support\LoadPropertiesOperation.as:109]
        	at org.springextensions.actionscript.collections::Properties/LoaderComplete_handler()[C:\Resources\Flex\spring-actionscript-trunk\spring-actionscript-core\src\main\actionscript\org\springextensions\actionscript\collections\Properties.as:202]
        	at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()
        Just so you can be aware of the issue

Comment

Working...
        X