Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended file layout and some further questions

Dear community,

first of all: thanks for the great work!

The questions:

1. Is there a recommended file layout like in Cairngorm 2 or 3? If not, what file layout would you recommend? Same like in Cairngorm 3 (DDD - Evans)?
    2. How would you differ SAS from Parsley, where are the advantages and disadvantages?
    3. Is there _THE_ example for beginners? Too many example apps at http://www.springactionscript.org/samples.html
    4. Even if I did choose SAS, is there a reason to work with Parsley additionally?
    5. Would you recommend to work with Cairngorm 2 (or similar framework) also? If yes, why? MVC(S) is supported by SAS natively?

Thanks for your opinions!

Hey there,

here's my opinion on the matter point by point:

1. Nope, Spring AS doesn't impose any kind of file structure, of course there are *recommended* structures that we'd like to support, check out the Organizer sample for a typical filestructure that we ourselves use a lot:
    Organizer Spring AS reference application
    2. I'm not sure I have a straightforward answer to that. I think Parsley and Spring AS are quite similar in level of maturity and number of functionality. If you're already familiar with Spring for Java, then Spring AS might be the logical choice. Other than that I really think it comes to to preference.
    3. I think the above mentioned Organizer reference application would be a good start. We'll add and change to that in the future as well to showcase new functionality.
    4. To be honest, I wouldn't recommend Cairngorm 2, I personally prefer an MVCS architecture over the event/command/delegate/responder pattern in Cairngorm. Spring AS offers quite a few base classes and interfaces (check out the core.* packages) that will make your life a little easier setting such an architecture up. The reason why we've created the Cairngorm 2 extensions is merely to work around a few of its limitations, so I'd only recommend these when you're implementing Spring AS in an exisiting application that makes use of Cairngorm 2 and there is not enough time to completely refactor it.

hope this will help you a little in your decision.
    If you have any more questions, you know where to find us

cheers,

Roland

Comment

Hi again,

just great! Though it's just 4 answers for 5 questions , I think I got an overall impression, means I'll try with SAS .

Thanks for your help!

Comment

hehe, sorry, you're completely right, I didn't answer '4. Even if I did choose SAS, is there a reason to work with Parsley additionally?'.
        Sorry, its early morning still hehe.

But here's my take on it, yes, you could use both libraries together, yet, if there's some functionality in Parsley that SAS doesn't support which is critical for your app, then I'd recommend going for Parsley since it supports just about everything that SAS also has on offer.

cheers,

Roland

Comment

OK, good to know, thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X