Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
popup/tooltip loaded inside module gets application context insead of module context Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• popup/tooltip loaded inside module gets application context insead of module context

Hello,

I am trying to show a tooltip inside a module (SASModule) and
    it is getting the application's context instead of the module's context.
    I believe the reason for this is that the tooltip's parent document is Application.
    I believe this would be true for a popup as well.

Because it is getting the Application's Context, the application context stageprocessor tries to wire the tooltip's dependencies and in that process it fails because it cannot load the class definition. To fix this issue, I had to load the module in the same domain as that of the application.

How can I associate the module's context with the tooltip?

hmm

That is indeed a very interesting edge case...
    For regular popups you can define the parent of the popup like this:

Code:
    PopUpManager.addPopUp(myPopup, myModule);
    so you'd still need to implement some kind of custom system that will associate certain popups with a module, but that shouldn't be too hard.

As for the tooltips, I'm not sure how you'd be able to intercept their creation. To be honest, I never had thought of a scenario where a tooltip would be needed to be injected.

Maybe anybody else on the list is a Flex guru that can shed some light on this particular problem?

cheers,

Roland

Comment

Working...
    X