X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0.8.1 to 1.0RC1 migration problems

I am having migration problems moving from 0.8.1 to 1.0RC1 - using Flex 4.0.0.14159.

1.) Spring has a nasty dependency to the Flex Framework when using Flex Mojos 3.6.1 to build, see this link

2.) at startup, I get the following error message:
    Code:
    [Fault] exception, information=Error: A class with the name 'org.springextensions.actionscript.ioc.factory.config.flex.FlexPropertyPlaceholderConfigurer' could not be found.
    As a workaround, I add this
    Code:
    private var _flexPropert§yPlaceholderConfigurer:FlexPropertyPlaceholderConfigurer;
    to my application class to force linkage of the class. I could not exactly spot which part of my applicationContext causes the problem. But the container should not have dependencies which must be solved manually outside Spring.

3.) I think the documentation on adding an ObjectSelector is wrong; the property in the DefaultAutowiringStageProcessor has been renamed from "selector" to "objectSelector", so I had to change my applicationContext to:
    Code:
        <object id="defaultAutowiringStageProcessor" class="org.springextensions.actionscript.stage.DefaultAutowiringStageProcessor">
            <property name="objectSelector" ref="flexStageObjectSelector"/>
        </object>

<object id="flexStageObjectSelector" class="com.bizsphere.salesweb.spring.ObjectSelector"/>
    But I still could not get the autowiring back to work. The constructor of my class (ObjectSelector) is called, but approve() is never called. Autowiring completly stopped working. Is anything radically changed in 1.0RC1 that I overlook?

Thanks and Regards,
    Peter

applicationComplete

Hi Peter,

sorry about the documentation errors, I'll make sure those get corrected.

As for autowiring not working, we've noticed that when using Flex 4 the best moment to create your context and load your config is in the applicationComplete handler instead of creationComplete. Somehow Flex 4 has a different way of initializing and creationComplete seems to be too early.
    Please let us know if you keep aving the same issues, if so, could you please post a small sample application that demonstrates the problem? That way we'll better be able to pinpoint your issue.

Thanks a lot in advance,

cheers,

Roland

Comment

Hi Roland,

I am aware of the problem with context loading by the creationComplete handler, so I was using applicationComplete from the beginning.

As for autowiring I kicked it out completely for various reasons:
      - even though I was using an objectSelector implementation with an optimized filter, the performance is just too bad
      - my personal opinion/experience: in a fairly large application there should be no reason to directly wire stuff into the views

So after stripping down the application context using no additional spring hooks and disabling the autowireProcessor by nulling the property in the FlexXMLApplicationContext, I still have problems upgrading from 0.8.1 (which works fine) to 1.0RC1. I think it has to to with setting up an <array-collection> - did the syntax change there? I will investigate further and let you know.

Thanks,
      Peter

Comment

hmmmm

Hey Peter,

I'm honestly quite baffled that autowiring proved to be a performance bottle neck for you, I've used it myself in very large applications and never encountered anything like it.
        What kind of application are you developing? Is it something with a lot of views that get added and removed from the stage rapidly?
        As far as I know nothing changed in the array-colllection syntax, please let me know what you've found out, I'd like to see you be up and running as soon as possible

cheers,

Roland

Comment

Hi Roland,

we are using a lot of lists of complex item renderers with subitems etc., which might be our performance problem. Maybe I am imagining things, but I think the app feels snappier without autowiring. Also I just did not get autowiring to work under 1.0RC1 and I do not have enough time for further investigation.

The array-collection problem I will investigate, because I want to keep up with the Spring development - it will take a couple of days, though.

Thanks for all the work,
          Peter

Comment

Hi Roland,
            the described problem magically disappeared with the final 1.0 release

But: when I build my project (with submodules) with FlexMojos 3.7.1 I get an error (again with 1.0 versus 0.8.1 which compiles fine):

[ERROR] command line:[-1,-1] „/Volumes/BizSphere/flex/bizsphere-salesweb/common/target/classes/configs/themes/Spark/spark.css“ konnte nicht geöffnet werden

...means "could not be opened". Why/how does Spring 1.0 need Spark stuff?

Any idea?

Thanks and Regards,
            Peter

Comment

mysterious...

Hi Peter,

I'm glad to hear your problems have been fixed with version 1.0. This new maven error has me puzzled though.
              Christophe did mention today that he noticed some unnecessary Flex dependencies in as3commons in a Maven build he was working on. So, this might be a problem with as3commons having some errors in its build script.

Anyways, please add a ticket in Jira for this:

https://jira.springframework.org/bro...ACTIONSCRIPTAS

We're currently swamped with work, but we'll try and take a look at it as soon as possible.

Maybe Christophe will read this and can comment a little?

cheers,

Roland

Comment

Hi Roland,

I double checked after updating all as3commons libraries to the latest versions, but everything builds fine with 0.8.1. The problem is definitely Spring AS 1.0. with it's Maven dependencies.

I filed a https://jira.springframework.org/bro...ONSCRIPTAS-110

Thanks and Regards,
                Peter

Comment

Hi Peter,

the dependency on spark.css is definitely weird since both Spring AS and the AS3Commons projects are compiled against Flex SDK 3.5.0.

Can you post the log of a "mvn dependency:tree" from your project?

regards,
                  Christophe

Comment

Hi Christophe,

I attached the result of both Maven configurations (0.8.1 and 1.0) to the JIRA ticket.

Thanks for checking.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                    X