Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring of components on the stage with MXML configuration?

Is it possible to wire (or autowire) components on the stage with an MXML based configuration?

The docs seem to imply that this will only work with the FlexXML configuration context, but is there a way to workaround this?

MXML seems more capable (compile-time checking, etc) to me, but are there other limitations like this that will impact me if I go in that direction?

not yet

Hey there,

stage wiring isn't yet part of the MXML context, we'll do our best to get it int here for the 1.0 final release.

cheers,

Roland

Comment

That's good to know... this is fairly important to us, since the XML configuration does not currently get full autocompletion/compile time checking within Eclipse STS.

Comment

JIRA feature and sample solution added

Hi all,

I have added a JIRA feature request and a solution based on the FlexXMLApplicationContext solution which works for XML contexts. This has done the trick for my project. Hopefully it will help and make it into the next release?

Kind regards,

Malcolm

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post

... which works for XML contexts ...
          Sorry - I mean MXML contexts.

Comment

thanx a lot!

Hey Malcolm,

thankls a lot for your patch! We'll take a look at it as soon as time permits and we'll definitely consider it for inclusion!

cheers,

Roland

Comment

Hi Malcolm,

thanks for creating the issue and providing the patch. I have added the stage autowiring code directly to the MXMLApplicationContext instead of following the approach in your patch and creating a FlexMXMLApplicationContext. I will create a new issue (post 1.0) to refactor this common code into.

I committed this to the trunk. Please let me know if this works for you or if you run into any problems.

regards,
              Christophe

Comment

Working...
              X