X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FlexUnit

I found that while doing an ant build of a flex app using mxmlc, I needed to add FlexUnit.swc to build path if using spring-actionscript-core-0.8.swc.

Should that be necessary?

yes, I believe it is

The spring-actionscript.swc has some classes that depend on FlexUnit indeed, so yes, I think this is necessary indeed

cheers,

Roland

Comment

upon first glance, this seems a bit odd...are the tests being used in the final, production version swc or is this b/c we're simply leveraging the Assets and what not from FlexUnit?

Comment

Spring Actionscript made some extensions to FlexUnit that are being used in the unit test project.
        Its true that these functions shouldn't be part of Spring Actionscript itself, and there has been talk about a flex-commons project as well. Just like the springAS offshoot as3-commons.
        This hasn't been realised yet though, it probably will happen in the future but for now the dependency is a fact.

cheers,

Roland

Comment

Isn't the FlexUnit SWC like ~900k and then in turn bloating the size of SAS?

Comment

nah

The SAS flexunit package contains only one class: FlexUnitTestCase, which is an exentension of TestCase. So only the TestCase from FlexUnit will be linked into SAS, I doubt this will yield much size increase... As you will see in the distribution package the spring-actionscript-core-0.8.1.swc file is around 165Kb.
            So no worries there

Comment

moved

Anyways, in the current trunk the flexunit package has been moved to the test projects, so the dependency is hereby gone. happy now? hehe

Comment

Working...
              X