X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I pass a boolean argument?

I've managed to pull off some clever stuff using SAS so far, but now I've run into something painfully simple that I can't figure out.

Can someone tell me how to pass a simple Boolean value as an argument to a method-invocation? For example:

Code:
    <method-invocation name="addConverter">
       <arg>
          <object class="com.example.SomeConverter" />
       </arg>
       <arg>
          {need to pass a Boolean value of true here}
       </arg>
    </method-invocation>
    Thank you for any help!

Charles

easy

That would be done like this:

Code:
    <method-invocation name="addConverter">
       <arg>
          <object class="com.example.SomeConverter" />
       </arg>
       <arg value="true"/>
    </method-invocation>
    Cheers,

Roland

Comment

A little different for 0.7.1

Your example works great for 0.8, but not for 0.7.1. However, I found a hack that works in 0.7.1, as long as you don't mind your XML editor complaining:

Code:
      <arg>
         <value>true</value>
      </arg>

Comment

just wondering...

Is there a reason why you have to use 0.7.1 instead of 0.8? Are there incompatibilities? I wasn't aware of any breaking changes to be honest.

-Roland

Comment

Its about appearances

I work for a software company that creates software for various government agencies. We have to be able to tell a good story about where 3rd party libraries come from.

I was able to sell our CM team on using 0.7.1 because Servebox.org has it neatly hosted in their Maven repository, and because the Servebox.org website looks like a legitimate product provider.

I am having trouble selling our CM team on 0.8 because: 1) it changed hosts for the Maven repository; 2) the new hosting site (yoolab.org) appears otherwise empty and does not look like a legitimate product provider; 3) the new hosting site requires HTTPS, but uses a self-signed certificate; and 4) the new release has an upstream dependency on a Maven SNAPSHOT build instead of being dependent only on other released libraries.

I am very grateful for all the hard work going into SAS, and I enjoy using it very much, but perhaps you can see how--in a somewhat strictly controlled development environment--the conditions around the 0.8 release have been somewhat troublesome. To encourage wider adoption--especially in organizations like mine--some of those concerns are going to have to be addressed.

Sometimes it really is about appearances.

Comment

I understand now

Hi there,

I fully understand your position and will post these concerns on the development mailinglist as well. As far as the official repository at yoolabs, that's a domain that is owned and maintained by one of the Spring Actionscript team members. I will see if the certificate issue can be resolved or not, or that maybe our releases should be hosted by a more official/trusted party or not.

Personally I'd hate to see adoption of future versions be stood in the way by bureaucratic reasons like this. (I stress again, I don't blame you for this, I understand fully where you're coming from).

Anyways, thank you for bringing this issue up, its obviously something we haven't thought about it before.

Cheers,

Roland

Comment

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Yes, there have been some changes in SpringAS site and distributions.

Just released 0.8.1 comes with a new site home page where you can directly download latest SpringAS distributions.

As for the maven site it is hosted by yoolab.org and is now also reachable thorugh http, wich is by some considered safer than https with self-signed certificate ;-) (BTW, it's not a self signed certificate but a cacert.org signed certificate, this may change in the near future).

I understand your concerns about "appereances", yoolab.org is a separated project we are just hosting some services for SpringAS (and related as3commons project) on yoolab.org server.

It is supposed to be something similar to servebox.net but we still haven't found the time to put up a respectable site while we had some urgency to set up things for the SpringAS project. Hope to find the due time to dedicate to appearences soon.

Comment

Working...
              X