Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring pure MVC Multicore

My front-end is using flex3 and spring pure MVC eg,
    org.springextensions.actionscript.puremvc.patterns .mediator.IocMediator, at this moment, I'm looking into developing flex modular application, so as i googling around for information about how it can be carried out, i bump into the pure mvc multicore, but its not for spring pure mvc. So i was wondering whether spring pure mvc has the multicore for flex modular application development as well? I saw a thread which attached demo application on that, havent looked into it though. Will check it out.

Besides, has anyone here gone through the process of converting a spring puremvc to its multicore ? And where to get relevant information regarding that topic. Thanks.

I would also like to see a multicore port of SpringActionscript.

I'm sure I've read that its recommend to use multicore by default in the AS3 port, though I can't find where Cliff actually wrote that =)

Comment

Though I don't use Spring Actionscript for my PureMVC development, I might be able to shed light on the Single Core v/s Multi-core version.

The single core version is more geared toward POC work and helping beginners get started with the concept of MVC. For any serious development, PureMVC multicore version along with the Pipes utility is highly recommended unless you want to reinvent the wheel over and over again (speaking from experience). :-)

If you have any trouble understanding the PureMVC multicore concepts, please read the blog posts:
      Oh and BTW, there does exist an unofficial port of Spring Actionscript for PureMVC multicore though I can't really comment on its stability.

Cheers,
      sasuke

Comment

Hi there,

Originally posted by sasuke View Post
        [...]
        Oh and BTW, there does exist an unofficial port of Spring Actionscript for PureMVC multicore though I can't really comment on its stability.
        [...]
        this is something I whipped up about a year ago as POC.
        There have been some major additions to keep up with the core functionality which are not found in the "distribution" archive on the blog. However, I am in fact using it for production purposes.
        I also haven't found time to check compatibility with the edge features for 0.9 yet, like parent contexts and module support, which is something I assume will have some inpact on the code base.

Since we're using this internally, I'll have to check with my company on releasing the current code base to the public.

I'll keep you posted on this one.

Cheers

herb

Comment

Working...
        X