Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflection API as a seperate project?

Hey Christophe and Team

Congratulations on the acceptance of Prana into the Spring Community. The company I work for (gamewise.nl) has been looking into using Spring Actionscript as a tool for application architecture, as our experience with Spring through Java has been a good one.

I have written a reflection utility class myself for internal use, but I was looking over the source for Spring AS, and noticed that you have a much more complete reflection package.

My question is, are you planning on making a separate project (separate swc) for the reflection package? As I would like to be able to use it in my projects even if Spring AS is not required.

Hi Brian,

that would make sense in a way. I just checked the dependencies and the reflection API just has some references to the ClassUtils class in Spring ActionScript. If we refactor that bit, we could have it as a separate project.

regards,
    Christophe

Comment

That would be great, but I understand you're pre-release at the moment so I won't expect it until version 1.0 maybe. I would be happy to help refactoring and more in the future. As Spring AS will hopefully become a standard tool in my companies toolset.

On an aside, we found PureMVC to be a poor choice as it promoted bad design practices and was overly invasive. Same story with Cairngorm. So we are looking at using SpringAS and maybe a resource loading tool (would be great if Spring AS could have that ) and then some design guidelines rather than an invasive framework.

Comment

Working...
      X