Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Can you use alternative as3commons-lang version with Spring AS? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you use alternative as3commons-lang version with Spring AS?

Forgive me if this is a silly question, as I am relatively new to Flex and ActionScript. Our project is using Spring AS v1.1 and Cairngorm v2.2.1. We wanted to upgrade from as3commons-lang v0.3 to v0.3.5. However as soon as we do, our application no longer initializes. We get an error:

The property 'service' on the definition of 'oneOfOurBusinessDelegateFactory' could not be resolved. Original error: Error #2091

Below is the additional details from our logs. Rolling back to as3commons-lang v0.3 resolves the problem. We are building use maven & flex-mojos. We are excluding the as3commons-lanf from the spring dependency definitions and then setting them directly with the newer versions.

Is it not possible to upgrade to a newer version of as3commons lang? Or are we doing something wrong?

Code:
    09:53:05.478 EDT DEBUG o.s.a.context.support.XMLApplicationContext         - Loading object definitions
    09:53:05.478 EDT DEBUG o.s.a.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext    - No IObjectFactoryResourceLoader found.
    09:53:05.478 EDT DEBUG o.s.a.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext    - Done loading resources.
    09:53:05.479 EDT DEBUG o.s.a.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext    - Post processing object factory with post-processor '[object FlexStageProcessorFactoryPostProcessor]'
    09:53:05.479 EDT DEBUG o.s.actionscript.stage.FlashStageProcessorRegistry  - New stage processor '[DefaultAutowiringStageProcessor(autowireOnce=true)]' was registered with name 'autowiringStageProcessor' and new [object FilteringFlexStageObjectSelector]
    09:53:05.479 EDT DEBUG o.s.a.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext    - Post processing object factory with post-processor '[object MetadataProcessorObjectFactoryPostProcessor]'
    09:53:05.479 EDT DEBUG o.s.a.m.MetadataProcessorObjectFactoryPostProcessor - No MetadataProcessorObjectPostProcessor found in the object factory, registering MetadataProcessorObjectPostProcessor
    09:53:05.479 EDT DEBUG o.s.a.i.f.config.ObjectFactoryAwarePostProcessor    - Setting object factory on object '[object MetadataProcessorObjectPostProcessor]' with name '(no name)'
    09:53:05.479 EDT DEBUG o.s.a.metadata.MetadataProcessorObjectPostProcessor - 2 IMetadataProcessor found in object definitions, adding them to the current MetadataProcessorObjectPostProcessor.
    09:53:05.480 EDT DEBUG o.s.a.metadata.MetadataProcessorObjectPostProcessor - Registered metadata '[RouteEvents]' with processor '[object RouteEventsMetaDataProcessor]'
    09:53:05.480 EDT DEBUG o.s.a.i.f.config.ObjectFactoryAwarePostProcessor    - Setting object factory on object '[object EventHandlerMetadataProcessor]' with name 'eventhandlerProcessor'
    09:53:05.480 EDT DEBUG o.s.a.metadata.MetadataProcessorObjectPostProcessor - Registered metadata '[EventHandler]' with processor '[object EventHandlerMetadataProcessor]'
    09:53:05.480 EDT DEBUG o.s.a.i.f.config.ObjectFactoryAwarePostProcessor    - Setting object factory on object '[object EventHandlerMetadataProcessor]' with name '(no name)'
    09:53:05.480 EDT INFO  o.s.a.i.f.support.DefaultListableObjectFactory      - Pre-instantiating '179' singletons in '[object FlexXMLApplicationContext]': {List of all singletons deleted for brevity}
    09:53:05.481 EDT ERROR slf4fx.our-app-name.package.Main                    - An application initialization error occurred when attempting to initialize Spring: The property 'service' on the definition of 'ourBusinessDelegateFactory' could not be resolved. Original error: Error #2091

proxy

I see your original eror is 'Error: #2091'. When I look up the error I find this:

'2091 The Proxy class does not implement hasProperty. It must be overridden by a subclass.'

That might explain the problem actually, I'll try and look into this when I find the time. For now, unfortunately, all I can do is recommend you downgrade to version 0.3 for the moment.

cheers,

Roland

Comment

Ok, I think I've managed to fix this.
      If you upgrade to version 0.3.6-SNAPSHOT of as3commons-lang you should no longer encounter this error.

Cheers,

Roland

Comment

Thank you!

Roland,

Thanks for the prompt answers on the forum and for the amazingly quick fix in the code base. Very much appreciated.

-Mark

Comment

Working...
        X