Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
looking for venue to host Hands-on Hadoop, Hive & Pig learning. August 4th, Bay Area Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for venue to host Hands-on Hadoop, Hive & Pig learning. August 4th, Bay Area

This free meetUp group wants to help you get some hands-on experience with Hadoop stack. Senior data scientists from Netflix and Amazon have kindly volunteered to lead the session. They walk the group through installing Hadoop on own laptop and provide Hadoop programming exercises. The exercises are explained in details, step-by-step, and provide a background to discuss the Hadoop architecture.

Our meetup group is ~275 people. The last session had about 50-60 engineers show up, and we're expecting around the same number for this August 4th, 10am-1pm. We're looking for venue sponsor, either one-time or on-going basis, ~bi-weekly.

for more info, http://www.meetup.com/Hands-On-Hadoo...nts/130147892/
    Session II: MapReduce Dive Down and Join Optimization

Thanks for your post. Do all 275 people have to be in the same place or will they be broken up into smaller groups? We have a good space, but I'm not sure we can fit that many people together.
    If you do this on an on-going basis, then we can talk about future possibilities too maybe if you don't need that many people or you don't need all of them in one place. I will follow up with you.

>> Correction, my bad. I misread and see now that you expect about 60. I will check our rules about hosting on the weekend.

Comment

thanks, Tamao. We're expecting 50-60. crossing my fingers for your results.

Comment

Working...
      X