Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complex views

Hi, everyone!

A few months ago I sent a post about choosing Spring RCP in our project, and I got useful answers, thanx everyone! So, I chose Spring RCP and during last months I was building 'proofs-of-concept' for our future applications. Of course, I lacked documentation, but I believe in miracles...

So, I realized that I need some kind of complex views, for example view that consists of several views and even forms. Considering GUI hierarchy in Spring RCP (Application - Window - AppPage - View), I'm not sure about the way to go.

1) Custom-made complex view extending AbstractView, that contains views and handles them
    That approach gives me more control, but seems like overhead, considering existing GUI hierarchy.

2) Custom-made ApplicationPage, PageComponentPane, ApplicationWindow and PageDescriptor, like in example with JDesktopPane as ApplicationPage (posted before on this forum)
    That approach didn't get me the results that I actually expected, probably due to my incomplete implementation.

I made proofs of concept for both approaches, but I'm not quite satisfied with either.
    Before I send some code, or go deeper, I would appreciate any suggestion or advice...

Thanx,

Neunistivlija
Working...
X