Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ApplicationPage layout

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how to do the following :

I want to have a menu (that is continuously visible during the lifecycle of the application) at the left side of the screen in the form of a JTree.
    This menu should also be my startingPage.

When a selection is made in this tree a view (or dialog) should be displayed to the right of this menu-tree.
    (like a BorderLayout with the menu at WEST and the main view in CENTER)

Can someone point me in the right direction ?

Tx for your help.

Roger.

Hi Roger,

are you looking for something like org.springframework.richclient.dialog.TreeComposit eDialogPage?

HTH

Buddy

Comment

Well, the idea is the same but i think that the TreeCompositeDialogPage is supposed to hold a few pages that belong to a common dialog.

In my case, i want the tree to hold the complete application menu.
      If i understand it correctly, this would mean that i have to add all the application's pages at startup time.

In other words, the complete app with all screens in it would be one big TreeCompositeDialogPage ':?'

Comment

Hi,

well then maybe this is what you are looking for. You can set the Layout, when someone clicks on the node within the JTree look at the petclinic sample Application for that.

http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=10914

HTH
        Buddy
        Last edited by robyn; May 14th, 2006, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Tx for your help, much appreciated.

My case is a bit different from the petclinic sample :
          In the petclinic sample the PetForm is displayed directly when a selection is made in the ownerManager tree. What i have is the following, when a selection is made in the menu-tree a formBackedDialogPage is shown that asks some input parameters from the user. When this dialog page is committed (ok button is pressed) a view should be opened to the right of the menu-tree (which is the BorderLayout.CENTER area of my main view).

I finally managed to show the view like this :

View myView = (View) viewDescriptor.createPageComponent();
          ((JPanel)Application.instance().getActiveWindow(). getPage().getActiveComponent().getControl()).add(m yView.getControl(),BorderLayout.CENTER);

It works but i'm sure there are better(read simpler) ways to do this

Any other hints... ??

Roger.

Comment

Working...
          X