Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• readonly form and commit...

Hello

Given certain condition, I would like to display a form as a readonly form, where the user cannot modify anything. To that effect, I have created a constructor like this:

Code:
        public MyGeneralForm(final FormModel formModel) {
            super(formModel, GENERAL_FORM_PAGE);
            getFormModel().setEnabled(false);
        }
    Where I call setEnabled(false) on the formModel.

The form behaves as expected until one realises that the "OK" button is still enabled (which I don't really mind) but when you press it... you get an exception "Form is disabled; submit not allowed."

Question... Shouldn't the OK button be automatically disabled if the formModel is disabled? What do you think? and if not, how could I do it?

THANKS!

Regards from London,

Benoit

Stacktrace:
    Code:
    [WARN,60627,ApplicationDialog$1,AWT-EventQueue-0] Exception occurred executing dialog finish command.
    java.lang.IllegalStateException: Form is disabled; submit not allowed.
            at org.springframework.binding.form.support.AbstractFormModel.commit(AbstractFormModel.java:377)
            at net.objectlab.safemargin.gui.view.CurrencyManagerView$CurrencyPropertiesExecutor$1.onFinish(CurrencyManagerView.java:436)
            at org.springframework.richclient.dialog.ApplicationDialog$1.doExecuteCommand(ApplicationDialog.java:332)
            at org.springframework.richclient.command.ActionCommand.execute(ActionCommand.java:188)
            at org.springframework.richclient.command.ActionCommand$1.actionPerformed(ActionCommand.java:123)
            at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1849)
            at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2169)
            at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:420)
            at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258)
            at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:234)
            at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5488)
            at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3093)
            at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5253)
            at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1966)
            at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3955)
            at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2024)
            at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4212)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3892)
            at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3822)
            at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2010)
            at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1766)
            at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803)
            at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:234)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
            at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:153)
            at java.awt.Dialog$1.run(Dialog.java:515)
            at java.awt.Dialog.show(Dialog.java:536)

Hi Beniot,

Are you using the latest code from CVS? There was a significant checkin a while back (less than a week) that made significant changes in the way the form buttons are guarded.

If you're not on the latest release, and you can upgrade, I'd suggest you do.

Thanks.
    Larry.

Comment

Ok with CVS version

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your reply. I had a version from Sept 2nd.
      I have updated to the latest CVS version from this morning (Sept 8th) and the problem seems solved!

The form is disabled and both buttons OK/Cancel are enabled; however, pressing OK does not generate the exception anymore.

Thanks!
      Regards from London,

Benoit.

Comment

Working...
      X