Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoClassDefFoundError: ConversionService

Hello,

I am making my first steps here and try to run the sample app posted here by sergey_wba. When I try to run the app I get a NCDFE: org/springframework/binding/convert/ConversionService

I cannot find the class in any library. Does it need to be checked in?

God bless you,
    Stefan

ConversionService is part of the spring framework (as opposed to part of Spring RCP) and it should be in the spring-binding.jar. Make sure that jar file is in your classpath.

HTH,
    Larry.

Comment

The class is still not there

Neither the file spring-binding.jar nor the class org/springframework/binding/convert/ConversionService is part of the current Spring distributions. I looked in the versions 1.2.3 and 1.2.4. Can I get this jar somewhere else?

Thanks,
      Stefan

Comment

When I checked Spring RCP out of CVS that jar was present in the lib/spring directory.

I don't know why you don't have it.

Sorry.

Comment

fix necessary in the build.xml...

The 'spring-binding.jar' file is in the lib/ directory, but the problem is that is not referenced in the JAR's MANIFEST. So you need to modify the build.xml in the samples/petclinic to include the jar reference -- on line 95 add 'lib/spring-binding.jar' to the list of other JARs and it builds (and runs) properly -- at least it did when I checked it out from CVS yesterday.

Comment

Working...
          X