Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Rich Client-simplest application

Hallo Pradeep,

I'm new in Spring Rich Client and I tried the simplest-application, but I get the same Problem as you:

[INFO,ApplicationLauncher,main] Loading startup context from classpath resource [/org/springframework/richclient/samples/simplest/config/simplest-splash.xml]
    [INFO,CollectionFactory,main] JDK 1.4+ collections available
    [INFO,CollectionFactory,main] Commons Collections 3.x available
    [INFO,XmlBeanDefinitionReader,main] Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [org/springframework/richclient/samples/simplest/config/simplest-splash.xml]
    [INFO,ClassPathXmlApplicationContext,main] Bean factory for application context [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlAp plicationContext;hashCode=22172750]: org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory defining beans [splashScreen]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy
    [INFO,ClassPathXmlApplicationContext,main] 1 beans defined in application context [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlAp plicationContext;hashCode=22172750]
    [INFO,ClassPathXmlApplicationContext,main] Unable to locate MessageSource with name 'messageSource': using default [org.springframework.context.support.DelegatingMess ageSource@1016632]
    [INFO,ClassPathXmlApplicationContext,main] Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name 'applicationEventMulticaster': using default [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicatio nEventMulticaster@b8deef]
    [INFO,DefaultListableBeanFactory,main] Pre-instantiating singletons in factory [org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory defining beans [splashScreen]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy]
    [WARN,SimpleSplashScreen,main] Unable to locate splash screen in classpath at: /images/splash.jpg
    [INFO,XmlBeanDefinitionReader,main] Loading XML bean definitions from class path resource [org/springframework/richclient/samples/simplest/config/simplest-application.xml]
    [INFO,ClassPathXmlApplicationContext,main] Bean factory for application context [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlAp plicationContext;hashCode=21607056]: org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory defining beans [application,simplestAdvisor,mainView,imageResource sFactory,imageSource,messageSource]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy
    [INFO,ClassPathXmlApplicationContext,main] 6 beans defined in application context [org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlAp plicationContext;hashCode=21607056]
    [INFO,ClassPathXmlApplicationContext,main] Using MessageSource [org.springframework.context.support.ResourceBundle MessageSource: basenames=[org.springframework.richclient.samples.simplest.co nfig.messages]]
    [INFO,ClassPathXmlApplicationContext,main] Unable to locate ApplicationEventMulticaster with name 'applicationEventMulticaster': using default [org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicatio nEventMulticaster@1094d48]
    [INFO,DefaultListableBeanFactory,main] Pre-instantiating singletons in factory [org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultL istableBeanFactory defining beans [application,simplestAdvisor,mainView,imageResource sFactory,imageSource,messageSource]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy]
    [INFO,ResourceMapFactoryBean,main] Loading properties file from class path resource [org/springframework/richclient/samples/simplest/config/images.properties]
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Application start thrown an exception: The application services locator instance has not yet been initialized.
    at org.springframework.richclient.application.Applica tionLauncher.launchMyRichClient(ApplicationLaunche r.java:316)
    at org.springframework.richclient.application.Applica tionLauncher.<init>(ApplicationLauncher.java:159)
    at org.springframework.richclient.application.Applica tionLauncher.<init>(ApplicationLauncher.java:127)
    at org.springframework.richclient.samples.simplest.Ma in.main(Main.java:9)
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The application services locator instance has not yet been initialized.
    at org.springframework.util.Assert.state(Assert.java: 354)
    at org.springframework.richclient.application.Applica tionServicesLocator.instance(ApplicationServicesLo cator.java:47)
    at org.springframework.richclient.application.Applica tionServicesLocator.services(ApplicationServicesLo cator.java:69)
    at org.springframework.richclient.application.Applica tion.services(Application.java:84)
    at org.springframework.richclient.application.Applica tion.createNewWindow(Application.java:157)
    at org.springframework.richclient.application.Applica tion.openWindow(Application.java:147)
    at org.springframework.richclient.application.Applica tion.start(Application.java:220)
    at org.springframework.richclient.application.Applica tionLauncher$1.run(ApplicationLauncher.java:307)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierar chy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

How did you solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Lisbet

Comment

The thread you read is an old one, I hope you're aware of this. If you want to start a simple sample, there are two samples included in spring-rcp which should give you a better insight (especially the one named simple). If you still have problems, please post some code that we can review. (In this case your application-context xml would come in handy).

Kind Regards,
      Jan

Comment

Spring Rich Client Sample

Hi Jan,

thank you very much for your answer. I know, this thread is old, but I must make an application in Spring RCP and the only source of information is this forum. Now I am changing the simple application and I hope I lern a lot to make later an own project.

Thank you for your help,

Lisbet

Comment

@Lisbet. I know this is an old thread, but I had the same problem as Lisbet a few days ago and this thread is the only one talking about this.
          I've solved the "The application services locator instance has not yet been initialized." problem by inserting a few beans before the application bean:
          Code:
          	<bean id="serviceLocator" class="org.springframework.richclient.application.ApplicationServicesLocator">
          		<property name="applicationServices" ref="applicationServices" />
          	</bean>

<bean id="applicationServices"
          		class="org.springframework.richclient.application.support.DefaultApplicationServices" />

<bean id="applicationEventMulticaster"
              	class="org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster" />
          Hope this helps someone in the futuer with the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by dlo View Post
            @Lisbet. I know this is an old thread, but I had the same problem as Lisbet a few days ago and this thread is the only one talking about this.
            I've solved the "The application services locator instance has not yet been initialized." problem by inserting a few beans before the application bean:
            Code:
            	<bean id="serviceLocator" class="org.springframework.richclient.application.ApplicationServicesLocator">
            		<property name="applicationServices" ref="applicationServices" />
            	</bean>

<bean id="applicationServices"
            		class="org.springframework.richclient.application.support.DefaultApplicationServices" />

<bean id="applicationEventMulticaster"
                	class="org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster" />
            Hope this helps someone in the futuer with the same problem.
            Thank you..This helped me..

Comment

please show simple example with text fields and buttons

Comment

Working...
              X