Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why official Spring RCP examples NOT work?

after I download spring rcp in the folder spring-richclient-1.1.0\samples\
    I find some jars with official examples.
    But when I try start one of them:
    java -jar spring-richclient-samples-showcase-1.1.0.jar

I get the next error:
    Code:
    Mar 13, 2010 11:37:35 AM org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry destroySingletons
    INFO: Destroying singletons in org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory@15e9756: defining be
    ans [application,lifecycleAdvisor,exceptionHandler,serviceLocator,applicationServices,applicationEventMulticaster,applic
    ationDescriptor,applicationObjectConfigurer,lookAndFeelConfigurer,messageSource,imageResourcesFactory,imageSource,formCo
    mponentInterceptorFactory,initialView,viewWithInput,binderSelectionStrategy]; root of factory hierarchy
    Mar 13, 2010 11:37:35 AM org.springframework.richclient.samples.showcase.ShowcaseMain main
    SEVERE: RuntimeException during startup
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'binderSelectionStrategy' defined
     in class path resource [org/springframework/richclient/samples/showcase/ctx/richclient-application-context.xml]: Cannot
     create inner bean 'org.springframework.richclient.form.binding.swing.date.NachoCalendarDateFieldBinder#2a15cd' of type
    [org.springframework.richclient.form.binding.swing.date.NachoCalendarDateFieldBinder] while setting bean property 'binde
    rsForPropertyTypes' with key [TypedStringValue: value [java.util.Date], target type [class java.lang.Class]]; nested exc
    eption is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.ri
    chclient.form.binding.swing.date.NachoCalendarDateFieldBinder#2a15cd' defined in class path resource [org/springframewor
    k/richclient/samples/showcase/ctx/richclient-application-context.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception is
     java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/nachocalendar/components/DateField
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitionValueRes
    olver.java:230)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionV
    alueResolver.java:117)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveManagedMap(BeanDefinitionValueRe
    solver.java:320)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveValueIfNecessary(BeanDefinitionV
    alueResolver.java:134)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyPropertyValues(AbstractAuto
    wireCapableBeanFactory.java:1245)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCap
    ableBeanFactory.java:1010)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCap
    ableBeanFactory.java:472)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBea
    nFactory.java:409)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapab
    leBeanFactory.java:380)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegis
    try.java:221)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListable
    BeanFactory.java:429)
            at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplic
    ationContext.java:729)
            at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:381)
            at org.springframework.richclient.application.ApplicationLauncher.loadRootApplicationContext(ApplicationLauncher
    .java:263)
            at org.springframework.richclient.application.ApplicationLauncher.<init>(ApplicationLauncher.java:159)
            at org.springframework.richclient.samples.showcase.ShowcaseMain.main(ShowcaseMain.java:73)
    Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'org.springframework.r
    ichclient.form.binding.swing.date.NachoCalendarDateFieldBinder#2a15cd' defined in class path resource [org/springframewo
    rk/richclient/samples/showcase/ctx/richclient-application-context.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed; nested exception i
    s java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/sf/nachocalendar/components/DateField
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowire
    CapableBeanFactory.java:883)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutow
    ireCapableBeanFactory.java:839)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCap
    ableBeanFactory.java:440)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBea
    nFactory.java:409)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapab
    leBeanFactory.java:380)
            at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionValueResolver.resolveInnerBean(BeanDefinitionValueRes
    olver.java:219)
    when I try another example jar
    java -jar spring-richclient-samples-dataeditor-1.1.0.jar

I get the another error:
    Code:
    Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
    spring-richclient-samples-dataeditor-1.1.0.jar
    Why official examples NOT work?

For some samples, the self-runnable jar isn't built correctly. However, if you run the samples from any IDE, they will work correctly. Correcting the samples is on the shortlist.

Comment

Originally posted by LievenDoclo View Post
      For some samples, the self-runnable jar isn't built correctly. However, if you run the samples from any IDE, they will work correctly. Correcting the samples is on the shortlist.
      where I can find source codes of official examples?

Comment

http://spring-rich-c.svn.sourceforge...lient-samples/

Comment

Originally posted by a_subscriber View Post
          where I can find source codes of official examples?
          with IDE (Eclipse) it's work. Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

Please note that the error thrown for this jar file is because it cannot find the library file nacho calendar which is used by this showcase project to bind datepicker and calendar.

Please visit this link http://sourceforge.net/projects/nach...nachocalendar/ to download the nacho calendar library and then set the library path in the showcase.jar file META-INF.MF file.

then run the project you can see the output.

Thanks

Comment

Hi,

spring-richclient-samples-dataeditor-1.1.0.jar this jar file is getting worked for me too, because its META-INF.MF file does not contain any Main-Class attribute in it.

even if i open that META-INF.MF and re-edit that too it throws META-INF file got corrupt. Might be in the IDE's they will work

Thanks

Comment

You can find the Source code by downloading Spring rich client plugin for any IDE, i used netbeans as my IDE. just download the plugin spring RCP for netbeans http://plugins.netbeans.org/data/nbm...ingRCP-1.5.zip

Comment

Working...
                X