Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Spring 1.1 Out, What Next For RCP?

Spring 1.1 is out and it does not seem to contain the richclient package.
    How do e import richclient packages in our RCP development codes?

Any timeframe as to when RCP release might be released? Thanks.

SpringRich is a separate project from Spring. The project repository is at http://sourceforge.net/projects/spring-rich-c but as there have been no releases you'll need to checkout the code from CVS.

Keith Donald the lead developer also posted a quite long description of the plans for SpringRich at http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=9587.

Ollie
    Last edited by Rod Johnson; Jan 18th, 2006, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Thanks, But How Do I setup my RC Project?

I just want to know from anyone who has actually set up and created a Rich-Client project:
      * How do you make the spring-rc and spring packages available to your application? Do you expose spring.jar from the SpringFramework and another spring-rc.jar from the RCP or does RCP provide you with an augmented spring.jar that contains spring.jar (1.1) plus the richclient packages?
      * While we await the release of richclient 1.0, I want to follow the petclinic example to begin creating my own standalone applications. How do I setup for that; the RCP petclinic sample mixed in quite a bit of the same example from the main springframework. My project cannot work like that.

Thanks.

Comment

How do you make the spring-rc and spring packages available to your application? Do you expose spring.jar from the SpringFramework and another spring-rc.jar from the RCP or does RCP provide you with an augmented spring.jar that contains spring.jar (1.1) plus the richclient packages?
        To use SpringRich you will need to have spring-richclient.jar, spring-richclient-resources.jar, spring.jar, spring-sandbox.jar and forms.jar on your classpath. spring-richclient.jar and spring-richclient-resources.jar will need to be built using the supplied Ant build file and all of the other jars are found under the "lib" directory.

the RCP petclinic sample mixed in quite a bit of the same example from the main springframework. My project cannot work like that.
        Could you please explain this some more? I don't understand.

Ollie

Comment

Ooops. I forgot you need commons-logging.jar. Also if you want to use the JGoodies look and feel you'll need looks.jar also found under the lib directory.

Comment

What I meant was that it seems the RCP example used some Petclinic files directly from the SpringFramework Petclinic example.

However, thanks for your explanation; I think I now know how to proceed.

When SpringRich is released, do you know if future spring.jar will include the richclient packages or will the two always be separated? As you know, the "import" statements appear to suggest that richclient packages are included in the main springframework set.

Thanks.

Comment

AFAIK SpringRich will always be a separate distribution.

Comment

Yes, the spring-richclient.jar is already up around 500K; it'll be distributed separately, but will ship with the latest production spring release to ease integration.

Comment

Working...
                X