Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jgoodies dependency

Hi!

While playing around with Spring RCP I tried it on Mac OS X and on Linux. While on Linux everything works as expected, I found jgoodies to cause problems on the Mac.

Please see my Blog post for a description of the error. On the Mac a NullPointerException is thrown when you click on a menu. It's impossible to select a menu item.

This raises the question: is jgoodies a requirement or optional?

Stephan

It's been a while since I've setup our JGoodies configuration, but if I remember correctly, JGoodies L&F is optional with Spring-rich. Off the top of my head, I believe Spring-rich uses a "LookAndFeelConfigurer" in the Spring config that can be setup (or reimplemented if needed) to use an alternate L&F, or the default L&F. In fact, try removing the JGoodies looks configurer from the configuration altogether and see what happens.

- Andy

Comment

In getHeaderBackground() of class SimpleInternalFrame it has:

if (LookUtils.IS_LAF_WINDOWS_XP_ENABLED)
      c = UIManager.getColor("InternalFrame.activeTitleGradi ent");

It's because of this that at least the looks.jar from jgoodies has to be present on a Mac even if the L&F is not used.

Comment

Here is the configuriation in the richtclient-application-context.xml

Code:
        <bean id="lookAndFeelConfigurer" class="org.springframework.richclient.application.config.JGoodiesLooksConfigurer">
        		<property name="theme">
        			<bean class="com.jgoodies.looks.plastic.theme.ExperienceBlue"/>
        		</property>
        	</bean>
        markus

Comment

Demo,
          that's right. But... If you do not use this L&F configuration, you still have to include jgoodies look.jar, because of the method call I showed in my previous post.

Question is: can LookUtils.IS_LAF_WINDOWS_XP_ENABLED be made optional?

Comment

Working...
          X