Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to set some vldocking group's horizontal size fixed

Hi everyone

I'm using vldocking framework as the default docking system of my spring rcp app.

Now I want to make the left side of view group fixed horizontally when I resize the window size (including maximizing window, of course)

How can I do that ?
    thanks in advance.
    best regards.

hrong

To set the initial view width you can call desktop.setDockableWidth(..) if you want to specify the width as a proportion of the container width. If you want to control how its width changes when the main window is resized you need to set the resize weight on the DockKey for the dockable view.

Currently the VLDockingViewDescriptor does not support setting the resize weight so there is no way to enforce them through configuration as far as I have found short of extending VLDockingApplicationPage, VLDockingAplicationPageFactory, VLDockingViewDescriptor, and ViewDescriptorDockable and adding resize weight support.

If you would like I can create a jira issue for this just like the one I have for DockGroup support and submit a patch to add support for setting the resize weight of a view through configuration in the application context xml.
    Last edited by adamarmistead; Jan 6th, 2010, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by adamarmistead View Post
      To set the initial view with you can call desktop.setDockableWidth(..) if you want to specify the width as a proportion of the container width. If you want to control how its width changes when the main window is resized you need to set the resize weight on the DockKey for the dockable view.

Currently the VLDockingViewDescriptor does not support setting the resize weight so there is no way to enforce them through configuration as far as I have found short of extending VLDockingApplicationPage, VLDockingAplicationPageFactory, VLDockingViewDescriptor, and ViewDescriptorDockable and adding resize weight support.

If you would like I can create a jira issue for this just like the one I have for DockGroup support and submit a patch to add support for setting the resize weight of a view through configuration in the application context xml.
      adamarmistead, thank you for your advice! I will try it though I'm a newbie.

Comment

I have created an issue in jira for this and submitted a patch that adds this functionality. If you need this support, please vote on it. I'm just waiting for it to be imported into the codebase.

http://jira.springsource.org/browse/RCP-623

Comment

Working...
        X