Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• checked out 1.1.0, nothing works

Hi,

I checked out the 1.1.0 tag but when I try to launch an example application I only get exceptions.
    The samples-simple app cannot find the JXSearchField class. If I add the xswingx dependency manually to the simple app I get a NPE:
    Code:
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at org.jdesktop.xswingx.JXSearchField.customSetUIProperty(JXSearchField.java:748)
    	at org.jdesktop.xswingx.JXSearchField.customSetUIProperty(JXSearchField.java:726)
    	at org.jdesktop.xswingx.plaf.SearchFieldUI.installDefaults(SearchFieldUI.java:211)
    	at org.jdesktop.xswingx.plaf.SearchFieldUI.installUI(SearchFieldUI.java:72)
    	at javax.swing.JComponent.setUI(JComponent.java:673)
    	at javax.swing.text.JTextComponent.setUI(JTextComponent.java:322)
    	at org.jdesktop.xswingx.plaf.TextUIWrapper.replaceUIIfNeeded(TextUIWrapper.java:70)
    	at org.jdesktop.xswingx.plaf.TextUIWrapper$DefaultWrapper.replaceUIIfNeeded(TextUIWrapper.java:167)
    	at org.jdesktop.xswingx.plaf.TextUIWrapper.install(TextUIWrapper.java:51)
    	at org.jdesktop.xswingx.PromptSupport.setPrompt(PromptSupport.java:166)
    	at org.jdesktop.xswingx.PromptSupport.init(PromptSupport.java:100)
    	at org.jdesktop.xswingx.JXTextField.<init>(JXTextField.java:36)
    	at org.jdesktop.xswingx.JXTextField.<init>(JXTextField.java:31)
    	at org.jdesktop.xswingx.JXTextField.<init>(JXTextField.java:27)
    	at org.jdesktop.xswingx.JXSearchField.<init>(JXSearchField.java:171)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.widget.table.glazedlists.GlazedListTableWidget.<init>(GlazedListTableWidget.java:219)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.widget.table.glazedlists.GlazedListTableWidget.<init>(GlazedListTableWidget.java:130)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.widget.table.glazedlists.GlazedListTableWidget.<init>(GlazedListTableWidget.java:123)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.samples.simple.ui.ContactView.createControl(ContactView.java:134)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.factory.AbstractControlFactory.getControl(AbstractControlFactory.java:83)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.application.support.DefaultApplicationPage.doAddPageComponent(DefaultApplicationPage.java:54)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.application.support.AbstractApplicationPage.addPageComponent(AbstractApplicationPage.java:349)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.application.support.AbstractApplicationPage.showView(AbstractApplicationPage.java:320)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.application.support.AbstractApplicationPage.showView(AbstractApplicationPage.java:297)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.command.support.ShowViewCommand.doExecuteCommand(ShowViewCommand.java:91)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.command.ActionCommand.execute(ActionCommand.java:219)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.command.ActionCommand$1.actionPerformed(ActionCommand.java:132)
    	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995)
    	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318)
    	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387)
    	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242)
    	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:357)
    	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1225)
    	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1266)
    	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6134)
    	at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3265)
    	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5899)
    	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2023)
    	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4501)
    	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2081)
    	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4331)
    	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4301)
    	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3965)
    	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3895)
    	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2067)
    	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2458)
    	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4331)
    	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
    I have more or less the same problems with the other samples.
    I think this project really rocks, I had no probs with 1.0 but with the 1.1.0 checkout *nothing* seems to work, wtf?

thanks,

jokkmokk

I'll have a look at it.

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate any help. Sorry If my original message sounded a bit rude, I really think you're doing awesome work with this project!

OMG...I just tried the samples again - they now work perfectly. Although I have no idea how this could've happened (I already tried it multiple times with multiple checkouts and versions) it seems the problem was my IDE (damn you eclipse). I'm really sorry for any inconvenience. Now I feel dumb. Sorry.

thanks,

jokkmokk

Comment

IntelliJ user here .

We're all here to help, so don't hesitate to ask questions. The manual is almost ready for publishing, it's a starting point that needs amendements, but I hope the community will fill in any gaps...

Comment

NPE when attempting to save a contact after editing data

Hi, I'm also working with 1.1.0 and I'm only having one issue so far with the simple sample. I'm getting an NPE because contactTable is null. There's some commented code in ContactView which sets the contactTable so maybe it is in process? The code looks like just what I need though - thanks.

Andy

===exception====
          java.lang.NullPointerException
          at org.springframework.richclient.samples.simple.ui.C ontactView.onApplicationEvent(ContactView.java:331 )
          ==============

==code==
          public void onApplicationEvent(ApplicationEvent e)
          {
          contactTable.onApplicationEvent(e);
          }
          ========

Comment

The problem is related to issue mentioned in other topic: http://forum.springsource.org/showthread.php?t=73385

It is easy to fix in any editor - it requires to put a correct jar into your classpath.

Best regards
            Michal

Comment

The problem lies a bit deeper I'm afraid.

I'm currently doing a project using Substance 5.2 and SwingX. The swingx additions for substance 5.2 are only swingx 1.0 compatible, and XSwingX isn't 1.0 compatible (at least not the JXSearchField)

Comment

I had this problem some weeks ago and I fixed it with hacking the code in the xswingx library (where the searchfield comes from) to get it work again. If you like me to provide a patch I can do that, just let me know.
                The changes are in the forum of xswingx (http://code.google.com/p/xswingx/issues/detail?id=8) but I don't think the will cut a new release nor will it be integrated into the current swingx trunk

Comment

I applied the same 'fix' yesterday . The problem is that we can't put in into RCP. I'm looking into fixing (or forking) xswingx.

Comment

Working...
                  X