Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get Maintenance Release 1.0.1?

Hi,

I am just wodering if maintenance release 1.0.1 is already available?
    Or is there any instruction how to build the version from the sources res. repository?

Best regards,

Mohamed

Originally posted by missaoui View Post
    Hi,

I am just wodering if maintenance release 1.0.1 is already available?
    Or is there any instruction how to build the version from the sources res. repository?

Best regards,

Mohamed
    The version has been tagged on SVN, if you check out the 1.0.1 tag, you can build that version from source

Comment

Originally posted by LievenDoclo View Post
      The version has been tagged on SVN, if you check out the 1.0.1 tag, you can build that version from source
      Thank you for your reply.
      In the meantime release 1.1.0 was released and I have downloaded already.

In release 1.0 starting the samples was very simple.

With release 1.1.0 I was not able to start the samples.

Do you have any quick infos how I can start the samples from the commandline?

Best regards,

Mohamed

Comment

After several attempts I have got the sample application running.
        I tried yesterday ro start the file spring-richclient-samples-dataeditor-1.1.0.jar without success.
        I have used the following command in order to start the simple application:

java -jar spring-richclient-samples-simple-1.1.0.jar

Now when I try to activate the window contacts I got the following error:

INFO: onWindowOpened( windowNumber=0 )
        26.06.2009 12:31:53 org.springframework.richclient.samples.simple.app. SimpleLifecycleAdvisor onPostStartup
        INFO: onPostStartup()
        26.06.2009 12:31:58 org.springframework.richclient.exceptionhandling.D efaultRegisterableExceptionHandler uncaughtExcepti
        on
        SCHWERWIEGEND: org/jdesktop/swingx/error/ErrorReporter
        java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdesktop/swingx/error/ErrorReporter
        at org.springframework.richclient.widget.table.Proper tyColumnTableDescription.addPropertyColumn(Propert yColumnTa
        bleDescription.java:166)
        at org.springframework.richclient.widget.table.Proper tyColumnTableDescription.addPropertyColumn(Propert yColumnTa
        bleDescription.java:150)
        at org.springframework.richclient.samples.simple.ui.C ontactView.createControl(ContactView.java:128)
        at org.springframework.richclient.factory.AbstractCon trolFactory.getControl(AbstractControlFactory.java :83)
        at org.springframework.richclient.application.support .DefaultApplicationPage.doAddPageComponent(Default Applicati
        onPage.java:54)
        at org.springframework.richclient.application.support .AbstractApplicationPage.addPageComponent(Abstract Applicati
        onPage.java:349)
        at org.springframework.richclient.application.support .AbstractApplicationPage.showView(AbstractApplicat ionPage.j
        ava:320)
        at org.springframework.richclient.application.support .AbstractApplicationPage.showView(AbstractApplicat ionPage.j
        ava:297)
        at org.springframework.richclient.command.support.Sho wViewCommand.doExecuteCommand(ShowViewCommand.java :91)
        at org.springframework.richclient.command.ActionComma nd.execute(ActionCommand.java:219)
        at org.springframework.richclient.command.ActionComma nd$1.actionPerformed(ActionCommand.java:132)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unk nown Source)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed (Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed (Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unk nown Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mou seReleased(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent( Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(U nknown Source)
        at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unkno wn Source)
        at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilter s(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(U nknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarch y(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
        Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jdesktop.swingx.error.ErrorReporter
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
        ... 38 more

Any help is very appreciated.

Best regards,

Mohamed

Comment

Hi,

you shall modify the manifest file by adding this :
          ../lib/swingx-0.9.3.jar ../lib/xswingx.jar

and by adding the xswingx.jar in your lib dir

Comment

Hi,

I'm using maven to build the example.
            I have the same issue as mentioned by the topic creator.

I'm new to spring and spring rcp so I don't exacly understand what do you mean by modifying the manifest?
            There is <manifest> tag in pom.xml but is this the place where I should put the path you mentioned?

Other than that - i found in my M2_REPO directory that swingx-0.9.3 is present but I couldn't find the two other jars you mentioned.

I'm a bit stuck at the moment, do you think you can help me a bit more?

Best regards
            Michal

Comment

I'm planning on creating bat and sh files to start the samples. You do indeed need to add some jars to the classpath.

Comment

Hi, it may be convenient to run the samples via batch files.

In the end I managed to lunch the application - and I've very happy about it.
                RCP seems very neat and elegant in constructing the application.
                Although i don't know spring very well the code is nicely documented and a pleasure to read.

What I did:
                - in my pom.xml file I've added following dependency:
                Code:
                        <dependency>
                	    <groupId>org.swinglabs</groupId>
                	    <artifactId>swingx</artifactId>
                	    <version>0.9.3</version>
                	</dependency>
                - in Eclipse I've added an external Jar with xswingx.jar file. I downloaded the jar from external source as I couldn't find it in spring/samples or anywhere.
                http://code.google.com/p/xswingx/ The jar can be downloaded via link located on right side (zip with documentation - around 3Mb)

So until now I'm happy as I wanted to build desktop application that would show some data from DB and allow to edit it. Spring RCP will suit perfectly, as the very simple example fulfills all of my tiny requirements.

Unfortunately, I found out that I get following error when I try to edit the Customer information:
                - delete action,
                - edit action.

I get pop-up that Application exception occured and I should contact Administrator.

log4j show following information:

Code:
                [WARN,TypeConverterDelegate,main] PropertyEditor [sun.beans.editors.ColorEditor] found through deprecated global PropertyEditorManager fallback - consider using a more isolated form of registration, e.g. on the BeanWrapper/BeanFactory!
                [WARN,DefaultImageSource,AWT-EventQueue-0] Unable to load image resource at 'class path resource [org/springframework/richclient/images/editor/common/save.png]'; returning the broken image indicator.
                [WARN,DefaultImageSource,AWT-EventQueue-0] Unable to load image resource at 'class path resource [org/springframework/richclient/images/editor/common/save.png]'; returning the broken image indicator.
                [ERROR,ApplicationLifecycleAdvisor,AWT-EventQueue-0] 
                java.lang.NullPointerException
                	at org.springframework.richclient.samples.simple.ui.ContactView.onApplicationEvent(ContactView.java:334)
                	at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster$1.run(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:78)
                	at org.springframework.core.task.SyncTaskExecutor.execute(SyncTaskExecutor.java:49)
                	at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:76)
                	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.publishEvent(AbstractApplicationContext.java:275)
                	at org.springframework.richclient.samples.simple.ui.ContactView$DeleteExecutor$1.onConfirm(ContactView.java:317)
                	at org.springframework.richclient.dialog.ConfirmationDialog.onFinish(ConfirmationDialog.java:110)
                	at org.springframework.richclient.dialog.ApplicationDialog$1.doExecuteCommand(ApplicationDialog.java:486)
                	at org.springframework.richclient.command.ActionCommand.execute(ActionCommand.java:219)
                	at org.springframework.richclient.command.ActionCommand$1.actionPerformed(ActionCommand.java:132)
                I would greatly appreciate some help with that one.

Best regards
                Michal

Comment

Missaoui has download the tgz release 1.1.0 from sourceforge and is trying to launch the simple sample jar located in the samples dir with the following command :
                  java -jar spring-richclient-samples-simple-1.1.0.jar

I have adviced him to modifiy (by adding paths to the classpath) the MANIFEST.MF file located in the META-INF directory of the jar to be able to launch it

Regards
                  Tof

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                  Hi,

I'm using maven to build the example.
                  I have the same issue as mentioned by the topic creator.

I'm new to spring and spring rcp so I don't exacly understand what do you mean by modifying the manifest?
                  There is <manifest> tag in pom.xml but is this the place where I should put the path you mentioned?

Other than that - i found in my M2_REPO directory that swingx-0.9.3 is present but I couldn't find the two other jars you mentioned.

I'm a bit stuck at the moment, do you think you can help me a bit more?

Best regards
                  Michal

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for reply, I found my way.
                    In all examples it is the case that one has to include the xswingx library.
                    Except for that everything works perfectly.

Thanks a lot for help.

Best regards
                    Michal

Comment

Which of the samples uses xswingx?

Comment

The spring-richclient-samples-dataeditor-1.1.0.jar is using xswingx.jar.

FYI: in order to get the samples started, I finished up by creating a batch file for each example.

Here is the command needed for runing the dataeditor example:

java -classpath spring-richclient-samples-dataeditor-1.1.0.jar;../lib/spring-richclient-resources-1.1.0.jar;../lib/spring-richclient-core-1.1.0.jar;../lib/spring-core-2.5.5.jar;../lib/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar;../lib/spring-beans-2.5.5.jar;../lib/spring-context-2.5.5.jar;../lib/aopalliance-1.0.jar;../lib/spring-web-2.5.5.jar;../lib/spring-binding-1.0.5.jar;../lib/ognl-2.6.9.jar;../lib/forms-1.2.1.jar;../lib/commons-collections-3.2.1.jar;../lib/swing-worker-1.1.jar;../lib/spring-richclient-sandbox-1.1.0.jar;../lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar;../lib/mail-1.4.jar;../lib/activation-1.1.jar;../lib/jms-1.1.jar;../lib/glazedlists_java15-1.8.0.jar;../lib/looks-2.2.0.jar;../lib/jhelp-2.0.jar;../lib/swingx-0.9.3.jar;../lib/xswingx.jar;../lib/l2fprod-common-all-7.3.jar org.springframework.richclient.samples.dataeditor. app.DataEditorApp

Best regards,

Mohamed

Comment

Hi,

Running the simple example gives me a NullPointerException when deleting a row from the contacts table (i can see contactTable is null when debugging).

Code:
                          java.lang.NullPointerException
                          	at org.springframework.richclient.samples.simple.ui.ContactView.onApplicationEvent(ContactView.java:334)
                          	at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster$1.run(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:78)
                          	at org.springframework.core.task.SyncTaskExecutor.execute(SyncTaskExecutor.java:49)
                          	at org.springframework.context.event.SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.multicastEvent(SimpleApplicationEventMulticaster.java:76)
                          	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.publishEvent(AbstractApplicationContext.java:275)
                          	at org.springframework.richclient.samples.simple.ui.ContactView$DeleteExecutor$1.onConfirm(ContactView.java:317)
                          	at org.springframework.richclient.dialog.ConfirmationDialog.onFinish(ConfirmationDialog.java:110)
                          	at org.springframework.richclient.dialog.ApplicationDialog$1.doExecuteCommand(ApplicationDialog.java:486)
                          	at org.springframework.richclient.command.ActionCommand.execute(ActionCommand.java:219)
                          	at org.springframework.richclient.command.ActionCommand$1.actionPerformed(ActionCommand.java:132)
                          Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                          X