Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JIDE Integration - question about loading layouts

Hi there,

I have the following problem. I have an application deployed on about 100 users which uses the JIDE docking framework and the integration code. The application has a number of views defined in an application context file. When the user exits the application, the current layout is saved to the disk, and when the user starts the application, the layout is restored from that file.

Now, I want to deliver a new version of the application which includes a new view. The new view is docked on the south of the window, along with some other views (they are all declared with the same values for initMode, initSide and initIndex).

This works fine when the layout is not loaded from the file. However, when the layout is loaded from the file, the new view is not grouped with the rest of the views (which I suppose is to be expected) and is instead docked in a seperate group all by itself in the south of the window.

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this?

Hi,

if you change the layoutVersion property on the applicationWindowFactory then the application will use a new layout ignoring the saved one.

Will that do what you want?

Jonny

Comment

Hmm... no, not really. That will cause the application to ignore the layout the user has created and start up with the default layout. I don't want the users to loose their layout.

What I want is that the new view either not show up (start up hidden and be shown from the Show View menu) or to be properly docked with the rest of the views, AFTER the user's layout is loaded.

Comment

Ahh, gotcha.

This could be a JIDE problem. The integration code does nothing special with respect to the docking layouts, except keep track of them. The actual layout is done with a loadLayoutDataFrom call on docking manager. Sounds like adding a new view to an existing layout causes problems for that method.

I'll look into it some more tomorrow when I'm at work and see if JIDE has a recommendation for this situation that we're not following.

Jonny

Comment

Working...
        X