Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Status update Spring Desktop

Hey guys!

Just to give you a small update on where we stand with Spring Desktop:

We're not dead, only a bit stagnant at the moment due to circumstances. But this will change in the near future.

We're planning on starting up the Desktop project as soon as possible. Jan will probably be handing out more information in the next weeks or so.

So stay tuned!

Greetings,

Lieven

Are there any articles as to what will be the changes / improvements in Desktop from RCP?

Comment

Not yet, I'm afraid. We're looking into all possibilities, but I can already tell you we'll definately be changing and adding some stuff.
      I'm looking into generifying the FormModel, ValueModel, AbstractForm,... and adding the 2.5 spring features (enabling component scanning and autowiring), Jan will be looking into refactoring out some current problems with the framework. All (feasible) ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Again, everything will be open to discussion, but hang on for a while, we're setting up everything. We want to make the framework into something people can use and want to use.

Comment

Re

Originally posted by LievenDoclo View Post
        We're planning on starting up the Desktop project as soon as possible. Jan will probably be handing out more information in the next weeks or so.
        Lieven
        Happy to hear that! Spring RCP is cutting edge platform with endless extensibility. Great work.
        Looking forward to hear new info about Desktop project.
        (starting to consider contributing to project)

Comment

Volunteering

Hi all,

I’m wondering whether you are looking for volunteers for your Spring Desktop project.

I'm currently working on several swing apps, some of them use spring-rich. In the past I’ve already added some small extensions to the spring-rich project (especially on WelcomeView and the first approach for the flexdock integration, http://jira.springframework.org/browse/RCP-98), and to other open source software like flexdock.

I’ve started programming swing applications back in 98. The first 7 year I worked on swing apps only. During the last year I’ve done some PHP stuff (ugly!!) and since the beginning of 2008 I’m working again with swing and groovy on several ongoing and new projects.

I already know the current Spring Rich framework and the binding library from JGoodies. I also already checked the new interesting JSR's (295 and 296) that are out now.

I'm very interested to be a part of Spring Desktop. What would be the best way to start? Should I have a look at jira and try to provide some patches for currently flaws in Spring Rich or may I assist you with planning/developing for Spring Desktop?

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Best regards
          Claudio
          Last edited by claudio; Jun 19th, 2008, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Should've checked the forums first, I could've mentioned you too in the mail I sent on the dev list, sorry. Anyways read:

http://www.nabble.com/Spring-RCP-Desktop-p18025500.html

Which basically says 'yes! we need you! In any way you can!'. Patches are indeed the most natural way to show interest and ability. You may always point me to issues you've fixed, I'll probably check Jira later this day to see what needs to be done for a maintenance release.

Kind Regards,
            Jan

Originally posted by claudio View Post
            Hi all,

Iím wondering whether you are looking for volunteers for your Spring Desktop project.

I'm currently working on several swing apps, some of them use spring-rich. In the past Iíve already added some small extensions to the spring-rich project (especially on WelcomeView and the first approach for the flexdock integration, http://jira.springframework.org/browse/RCP-98), and to other open source software like flexdock.

Iíve started programming swing applications back in 98. The first 7 year I worked on swing apps only. During the last year Iíve done some PHP stuff (ugly!!) and since the beginning of 2008 Iím working again with swing and groovy on several ongoing and new projects.

I already know the current Spring Rich framework and the binding library from JGoodies. I also already checked the new interesting JSR's (295 and 296) that are out now.

I'm very interested to be a part of Spring Desktop. What would be the best way to start? Should I have a look at jira and try to provide some patches for currently flaws in Spring Rich or may I assist you with planning/developing for Spring Desktop?

Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Best regards
            Claudio

Comment

Is this a dead deal?

Comment

Take a look at this thread, this will explain a lot:

http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=61473

Comment

Working...
                X