Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IllegalArgumentException trying to run PetClinicClientServer

Hi,

I'm trying to get the petclinic server and client running. When I close the log in dialog (it doesn't matter if I log in or not), the following exception is thrown on the client end:

Code:
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
    	at sun.reflect.UnsafeObjectFieldAccessorImpl.set(UnsafeObjectFieldAccessorImpl.java:63)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Field.set(Field.java:656)
    	at com.caucho.hessian.io.JavaDeserializer.readMap(JavaDeserializer.java:136)
    	at com.caucho.hessian.io.JavaDeserializer.readMap(JavaDeserializer.java:114)
    	at com.caucho.hessian.io.SerializerFactory.readMap(SerializerFactory.java:147)
    	at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianInput.readObject(HessianInput.java:781)
    	at com.caucho.hessian.io.CollectionDeserializer.readList(CollectionDeserializer.java:97)
    	at com.caucho.hessian.io.SerializerFactory.readList(SerializerFactory.java:136)
    	at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianInput.readObject(HessianInput.java:775)
    	at com.caucho.hessian.io.MapDeserializer.readMap(MapDeserializer.java:88)
    	at com.caucho.hessian.io.SerializerFactory.readMap(SerializerFactory.java:149)
    	at com.caucho.hessian.io.CollectionDeserializer.readList(CollectionDeserializer.java:97)
    	at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianInput.readObject(HessianInput.java:674)
    	at com.caucho.hessian.io.JavaDeserializer.readMap(JavaDeserializer.java:135)
    	at com.caucho.hessian.io.JavaDeserializer.readMap(JavaDeserializer.java:114)
    	at com.caucho.hessian.io.SerializerFactory.readMap(SerializerFactory.java:147)
    	at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianInput.readObject(HessianInput.java:678)
    	at com.caucho.hessian.io.HessianInput.readReply(HessianInput.java:241)
    	at com.caucho.hessian.client.HessianProxy.invoke(HessianProxy.java:179)
    	at $Proxy0.findOwners(Unknown Source)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    	at org.springframework.remoting.caucho.HessianClientInterceptor.invoke(HessianClientInterceptor.java:218)
    	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
    	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
    	at $Proxy1.findOwners(Unknown Source)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.samples.petclinic.ui.OwnerManagerView.createOwnerManagerTree(OwnerManagerView.java:129)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.samples.petclinic.ui.OwnerManagerView.createControl(OwnerManagerView.java:121)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.factory.AbstractControlFactory.getControl(AbstractControlFactory.java:83)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.application.support.DefaultApplicationPage.doAddPageComponent(DefaultApplicationPage.java:54)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.application.support.AbstractApplicationPage.addPageComponent(AbstractApplicationPage.java:328)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.application.support.AbstractApplicationPage.showView(AbstractApplicationPage.java:305)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.application.support.AbstractApplicationPage.showView(AbstractApplicationPage.java:297)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.application.support.DefaultApplicationPage.addView(DefaultApplicationPage.java:47)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.application.support.SingleViewPageDescriptor.buildInitialLayout(SingleViewPageDescriptor.java:59)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.application.support.DefaultApplicationPage.createControl(DefaultApplicationPage.java:85)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.factory.AbstractControlFactory.getControl(AbstractControlFactory.java:83)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.application.support.DefaultApplicationWindow.setActivePage(DefaultApplicationWindow.java:47)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.application.support.AbstractApplicationWindow.showPage(AbstractApplicationWindow.java:192)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.application.support.AbstractApplicationWindow.showPage(AbstractApplicationWindow.java:158)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.application.Application.openWindow(Application.java:172)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.application.Application.start(Application.java:246)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.application.ApplicationLauncher$1.run(ApplicationLauncher.java:307)
    	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:199)
    	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:461)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:190)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:176)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
    I take it that Hessian and Burlap are interchangeable, Hessian's serialization implementation producing binary data and Burlap's implementation producing XML documents. So, stabbing in the dark, I changed client-context.xml to use Burlap, but that caused the client to simply terminate after the log in dialog is closed.

I've deployed the petclinic-server web archive to a JBoss 4.2.2 instance, running on Mac OS X 10.5.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-dexter

Got it working with the latest version of Hessian/Burlap (currently 3.1.6). It was only today I noticed I was using version 2.1.12.

And if I enable serializability in the domain classes of Spring's sample app, communication works nicely over HttpInvoker, too.

Comment

Working...
    X