Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open Source Client written with Spring RCP

Hi All!,

Time ago a programmed a application to administrate the open source Shoppingsystem osCommerce. It
    was written complety in Swing.

The last two weeks i had some time spare. I thougt i would be a nice
    idea to port this Administration Client to the Spring RCP.

Now I have a little preview of this client and I thougt it would be a nice
    idea to show it to the Spring RCP People and say a BIG THANK YOU to the main Developers of Spring!

During programming a came across some issues, i will post my sugestions
    later this week! (so the code)

I used Flexdock for the dockings! Also thanks to the Flexdock Team.

Webstart link:
    http://youshopdemo.lindos.ch/youadmin/youAdmin.jnlp

Screenshots:
    http://www.lindos.ch/172.html

siu & thank to all that contribute to this project!
    Claudio

haven't checked it out, but the screenshots look nice. Keep it up!

Peter

Comment

Awesome! That's what we like to see!!! :-)

Comment

Those are beautiful! Maybe you should add them to the Spring Sightings site?

Comment

There is a Spring Sightings site? Cool, where is it 8)

Comment

Claudio

Your application looks great. Did you say that you were going to post your code somewhere? It would be nice to see how you have done it.

Thanks
            Phil

Comment

Hi Phil,

thank you!

I will publish the code during the beginnig of the next week. Will also post an announcement to the list. Hope this will be a help for spring rcp beginners, so they can see how things could be done.

The code regarding the flexdock integration to spring is already posted on the spring rcp mailinglist.

@ spring rcp team
              Should i move the flexdock integration to from the mailinglist to jira?

claudio

Comment

Originally posted by pdbruycker
                There is a Spring Sightings site? Cool, where is it 8)
                Oops, typo. That should have been Swing sightings.

http://java.sun.com/products/jfc/tsc/sightings/

Comment

Hi Claudio,

I've seen your post at the developer mailing list. I can't find your classes in the spring-rcp's sandbox folder. I can't find the flexdoc folder. How can I dowload it.

I've synchronized spring-richclient project syncronized today. Are theses packages and classes on other project?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

i've posted the source zip on the developer list. The code is not in the cvs at moment. You can use the zip file posted on the mailinglist as a start (rename zip_ to zip). I will provide more code and keep the flexdock integration in synch with spring rcp.

by
                    Claudio

Comment

Hi Claudio,

I've joined today to the mailing list. I can't get these file from the sourceforge mail list. The file doesn't exists in the thread.

Could you send by email at [email protected]

I think is a good idea that you publish it at Jira like RCP-56 (Multiple View in Page with JInternalFrame)

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Claudio,

please check if you have the required license about the icon of the option wizard. You know it looks like an Eclipse icon. So I think you should exchange this icon before you publish this under a non CPL license or quote that you don't have the copyright about it.

But if it is your own craft, well forget about what I said :-).

Looks nice anyway!

Martin (Kersten)

Comment

Hi Claudio,
                          Originally posted by claudio
                          I will publish the code during the beginnig of the next week. Will also post an announcement to the list. Hope this will be a help for spring rcp beginners, so they can see how things could be done.
                          I was wondering if you would be able to publish the code. It might help us a lot.

Thanks in advance,
                          Gustavo

Comment

Code:
                             please check if you have the required license about the icon of the option wizard. You know it looks like an Eclipse icon. So I think you should exchange this icon before you publish this under a non CPL license or quote that you don't have the copyright about it.
                            Hi,

I was not aware of this license thing on icons. Thanks for pointing me out!

Do you know under what circumstances (licenses) it's possible to use the eclipse icons (apache?, cpl) or do you have any links about this?

thanks!
                            Claudio

Comment

Originally posted by gfaerman
                              Hi Claudio,
                              I was wondering if you would be able to publish the code. It might help us a lot.
                              I'm working on it (javadoc, littlebit of code cleaning), hope the publish the code this or next week. (I also want to change something on the flexdock integration as flexdock is starting to move on)

_
                              Claudio

Comment

Working...
                              X