Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion on Font Management

hi,

just some idea on font management, our company is a development company based in hong kong, so most of the time, we get requests for applications to be available in simplified, traditional chinese and english.

we are also using spring and swing, however, currently we are implementing using our own framework for swing.

currently, i'm sort of evaluating spring rcp and i just hit a wall while trying to view chinese characters. they sort of come out as [] [].

for a application framework to support i18n, shouldn't there a simple to do this.

maybe we could a facility similar to plugins. we could have a resource folder where we can place a collection of fonts. to use these fonts we just have to specify the path to these fonts and which font to use in which situation.

currently we have factories for every swing components, which optionally takes in a font, which will be used to render the component if it is specified. it would be better if we have it read the Locale.getDefault() and automatically use the correct font based on the locale.

would like to hear some views regarding this and whether or not it is feasible to implement.

would not mind contributing some development effort if someone points me to the right direction.

thanks a lot.
Working...
X