Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Problems with AbstractObjectTable after upgrade from 0.2.1 to 0.3.0-SNAPSHOT Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with AbstractObjectTable after upgrade from 0.2.1 to 0.3.0-SNAPSHOT

After a long time of inactivity I upgraded a sample of mine from 0.2.1 to 0.3.0-SNAPSHOT (as of 4/11/2007) and encountered a problem with AbstractObjectTable.
    It's constructor tries to read a message from a resource bundle using the global application instance. But the application object has not yet been fully initialized.
    Sincde this has worked before I suspect that some life-cycle changes must have happened. I have reviewed the migration hints from the web site but no changes that I see related to the problem are mentioned there.

If anybody has experienced the same problem or know of any additional changes to do a correct migration, please let me know - Thanks Martin

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The global rich client application instance has not yet been initialized; it must be created and loaded first.
    at org.springframework.util.Assert.state(Assert.java: 352)
    at org.springframework.richclient.application.Applica tion.instance(Application.java:68)
    at org.springframework.richclient.application.support .ApplicationServicesAccessor.getApplication(Applic ationServicesAccessor.java:48)
    at org.springframework.richclient.application.support .ApplicationServicesAccessor.getApplicationContext (ApplicationServicesAccessor.java:60)
    at org.springframework.richclient.application.support .ApplicationServicesAccessor.getMessage(Applicatio nServicesAccessor.java:100)
    at org.springframework.richclient.table.support.Abstr actObjectTable.init(AbstractObjectTable.java:303)

I just went through a similar upgrade; I ended up adding a 'depends-on' relationship to the Application bean.

Comment

Working...
    X