Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Docking Framework comparison

Guys

Anyone have any info on the pros and cons of the various docking frameworks currently available?

The ones that I am aware of are FlexDock, Infonode and JIDE.

I have evaluation versions of Infonode and JIDE but I can't seem to find something for FlexDock.....

Thanks
    Phil

Infonode is GPL and You can use it for open source project normal.There isn't evaluation version

Evalution version JIDE is 20 days and I can't play with them .It is like infonode (it have more L&F), but infonode have almost all what I need - Jesper will make add listener and button/toolbar in tabs and it is what I need, yet

Flexdock have less features and develop is stoped.My first choose is infonode for now

regards

Comment

What about the eleritec docking framework used by Hibern8ide?
      See:

http://www.hibernate.org/190.html
      http://www.eleritec.net/projects/docking.html

Comment

it is flexdock - hibernate8ide haven't dynamic views - it create only a few views - I can't do what I want with flexdock

regards

Comment

Originally posted by snpe
          Evalution version JIDE is 20 days and I can't play with them.
          Just so you know, this is not true. The expiration date of our evaluation package is fixed. For example, if you download it now, you will get one expired at Feb 18, 2005. Once in a while, we will upload a new version with another expiration date. So before the evaluation package you downloaded expired, you just download it again. You wil get one that will expire in March. So in the other words, it will never expire if you keep download it once in a while.

Comment

jidesoft,
            Final, can I use jidesoft for try docking and spring rcp
            For instance,
            I try it without licence and if I or end user use it then pay license

Is it correct ?

Thanks

Comment

Absolutely. Also the evaluation package is exactly the same as formal release except it has a demo popup. So you won't miss any features.

Thanks.

Comment

jidesoft,
                I download jide before 2-3 days and it expire Februar, 8 (not Feb 18)

regards

Comment

Working...
                X