X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial message in form dialogs

I just did a checkout of Spring and noticed a slight change in my form dialogs. It used to be that my form description would be displayed in the form message area when it first came up - but now it appears form validation is done and any resulting error messages are displayed instead. Many of my forms have required fields that start out blank (so the user is forced to fill them in), and so all those forms now come up with an 'XXX is required' validation error instead of my 'form.description' message. I'm hoping that there is a simple option or flag somewhere to get the old behavior? If not, does anyone know of a workaround?

Thanks,
    Andy

Andy,

We removed the "setResetMessagePaneOnDisplay" workaround that was preventing this bug before. It was really a quick and dirty hack. Really the validation reporting system needs to be smarter about when to display which error messages.

Until we get this "really fixed", you could do the same thing we did: simply on onAboutToShow of your dialog reset the message to be the description.

Regards,
    Keith

Comment

Thanks for the tip, Keith!

- Andy

Comment

Working...
      X