X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any samples using Acegi

Just want to see any sample application demonstrating how to use RichClient with Acegi for Authentication and Authorization?

Take a look at spring-richclient-petclinic application, it is using Acegi integration for authentication. Also, read this: http://opensource.atlassian.com/conf...y/RCP/Security

good luck,

Andrius

Comment

Can I apply a similar approach to a normal Swing application, which does NOT make use of Spring Rich Client?

Comment

Originally posted by mark_in_gr View Post
        Can I apply a similar approach to a normal Swing application, which does NOT make use of Spring Rich Client?
        Yes, of course. But the reason for using this forum is then unclear for me. You might have better luck reading http://www.acegisecurity.org/suggested.html

Regards, Anders Bĺtstrand

Comment

I basically want to use Acegi for Authentication and Authorization from a Rich Client app using Spring Remoting's HttpInvoker, but my Rich Client App is a normal Swing app, NOT a Spring RCP app.

I want to make use of things like Method Authorizations based on ACL database settings. How simple would this be using Acegi and a Swing Client Application?

Comment

Mark,

my simple answer would be yes, you should be able to reuse the vast majority of the code. From my brief look at the code the package org.springframework.richclient.security pretty much stands alone from the rest of Spring RCP. There maybe some exceptions in there but that'll be your integration work.

As I view it the security code provides two extensions to be applicable to rich clients. First, the HttpInvoker mechanism implements the situation of the same client for all threads which is generally the case for a rich client. Second, it provides an events, listeners etc. for security related actions.

Using Spring rich means you can hook this into the command framework easily and this is what you'd have to do yourself.

hope that helps,
            Jonny

Comment

Working...
            X