Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does the spring-sandbox.jar come from?

I have downloaded the spring-framework v1.1.2 with dependencies, and cannot find the classes which packaged in spring-sandbox.jar.
    Does the sandbox not belong to the spring-framework?
    At the same time,I found a directory named "sandbox" in project rich-client,but no files in it.Why?

And how to get the source code corresponding to the jar?

And how to get the source code corresponding to the jar?

Comment

I download spring from cvs
      server:[email protected]:/cvsroot/springframework

There is sandox directory and spring compile good always

regards

Comment

To make my life easier, I always use the "spring.jar" and "spring-sandbox.jar" come along with "spring-richclient" CVS, under "/lib/spring/" dircotry.

My problem is: while tracing/debugging, I sometime really want to trace into the "spring.jar" library to see what's happending under hood. But, it's not easy to find out the right version of spring source code, because the "spring.jar" under rcp's "/lib/spring/" is binary and has no source attached code. Does somebody have the same problem with me, and how do you solve it?

Thanks in advnace.

Comment

linwei,
          You could download the spring-framework with souce code,and make it a project.Then you make the project as a dependency of the rich-client.
          The "sandbox" is the only problem I cannot resolve.

Comment

I found the "sandbox" on CVS.It's not packaged in the distribution.haha!

Comment

I download spring-rcp and spring from cvs , import in eclipse project (easy) and make source for spring an spring sandbox in rcp to spring src and sandox/src directory

regards

Comment

What I am doing is:

For spring-rcp: I check out the source code from CVS frequently, then use Ant to build up the binary jars and source jars, and my project is depending on the rcp binary jars and source jars. The reason I am not depending on the rcp source code directly, is that I ever encountered that the source code can't build successfully in some unstable state... That's really a problem -- I have to wait until the building problem fixed.

For the spring: At least for me, it's not easy to find out what's the spring( especially spring-sandbox) version the rcp is depending on. I can see that the spring jars are updated frequently in rcp. So I lazily make my project depends on the jars under rcp's "/lib/spring". But the problem is on debugging, I still can not find out what exactly the spring source code for the spring jars.

Comment

I import spring rcp, because I change source for me - I have to change one method in spring, too

regards

Comment

That's what I am seeking for: the "correct" source code for "spring.jar" and "spring-sandbox.jar".

Actually, in Eclipse, I have to link the "spring.jar" and "spring-sandbox.jar" to a copy of spring source code I checked out from spring's CVS -- I don't have the luxury that keep a synchronized spring source code localy. Usaully, that's good enough for me debugging/tracing into spring source code, but ocassionaly it's not correct -- because the spring source code( checking out from CVS ) is out of sync of the spring jars.

I know the other way is make my project depends on the spring code directly, rather than depends on rcp's "/lib/spring/" jars. But, I am afaid of that the spring from CVS is not suitable the current snapshot of rcp...

It's very kind of spring-rcp team if the spring source code jars could be put together with spring binary jars, under "/lib/spring/".

Comment

Originally posted by linwei
                      It's very kind of spring-rcp team if the spring source code jars could be put together with spring binary jars, under "/lib/spring/".
                      I agree. Right now there are four spring binary jars in spring-richclient\lib\spring, namely: spring.jar, spring-mock.jar, spring-petclinic.jar, spring-sandbox.jar. Currently, I download the source for those jars by getting it from the "spring" CVS project. But, as others pointed out, it seems that you cannot be sure that this source is the same version as the binaries. It would be nice if the "spring-richclient" CVS project could contain the spring source code jars that were used to build the corresponding binaries. I'm not sure what the naming convention should be but perhaps the source jars code by named like this: spring-src.jar, spring-mock-src.jar, spring-petclinic-src.jar, spring-sandbox-src.jar.

Comment

Joe,

Thanks for your kind reply. I think some newbies such as me, are starting to use spring-rcp while studying spring. So some times it could be very helpful for them to have a look into spring's source code while debugging -- because the rcp is tightly binding with springframework( IMHO )...

Comment

Keith,

Is possible to include Spring source jars in Spring Rich Client CVS project? I, too, agree with others' comment. Would be helpful.

Comment

Okay no problem. On the list! :-)

Comment

Thanks guys. I notice that the source jar has been there. I can attach the spring.jar and spring-sand.jar to the right source jars now

Comment

Working...
                              X