• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ExceptionHandling in 0.3.0-SNAPSHOT

Exception handling has been refactored.
    Update to the latest svn trunk and open the petclinic standalone,
    then show the view "exceptionHandling".
    In this view you 'll see the full power of the new exception handling be displayed, but click on "cause stack overflow" last, as it will force a shutdown.

also see /src/site/apt/user/upgrading/upgradingTo0.3.0.apt

Hi,

Could you tell me how I can fetch the 0.3.0-SNAPSHOT, meaning which mave repository contains it?

Thanks
    Dominique

Comment

The snapshot repository info can be found here:
      http://spring-rich-c.sourceforge.net/download.html

looks like the snapshots are at a different location than the "official" builds. you should be able to find them here:
      http://spring-rich-c.sourceforge.net...ork/richclient

Comment

Once continuum is rolling out nightly snapshots they will be at that second url indeed. But currently that's not working and you'll need to follow the "development setup" (see homepage). Basically it's just a matter of:
        - svn checkout ...
        - mvn install
        And update the dependency version in your project to 0.3.0-SNAPSHOT

Comment

I update to 0.3.0-SNAPSHOT, but now after the slashscreen the application stop!

I have to use the spring 2.0 rc3 version because I use spring ejb and annotation which recommend this version. Is it compatible with richclient? Can I cnage in the pom.xml of 0.3.0 SNAPSHOT the spring-version to 2.0 rc3?

Could you advise me about that?

Thanks
          Dominique
          Last edited by Dominique; Sep 26th, 2006, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Don't forget, there is up-to-date javadocs available as well

Just go to https://scifi.homelinux.net/mediawik...ring_Framework, and the hyperlinks will take you to the various javadocs. This is updated to the repository and rebuilt every hour, so you can find the latest documentation on the APIs.

Comment

gregturn, I 've just added a link to your wikigate in articles, it should show up with the next site deploy

Dominique: Are you coming from 0.2.1 or from a version before? If you coming from a version before, be sure to follow upgradingTo0.2.x.apt. The splashscreen was refactored for 0.2.x. Spring-richclient has been tested by Matthias to work with spring 2.0rc2 and someone stated on the forum spring 2.0rc4 isn't a problem either. Officially we're still dependend on spring 1.2.8, but 0.3.0 will probably officially end up dependend on spring 2.0.

Comment

Geoffrey,

I had the version 0.2.0, but I generate my project based on the archetype, anyway I will go through the upgrade procedure to be sure.

I had also a question, how I can setup the 0.3.0-SNAPSHOT to use spring 2.0-rc3 while doing the mvn install? If it is not possible to do so, could you tell me how I can do it.

Thx a lot.
                Dominique

Comment

Spring 2.0-rc3 is in the central maven repo only as the monolitic jar:
                  http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/or...spring/2.0-rc3
                  They are going to fix that for 2.0. But we're depending on the modules

3 ways:
                  - Fork us and mess around in our poms so it depends on the monolithic jar instead of the modules => bad idea
                  - depend on us, <exclusions> our spring dependencies, depend on spring 2.0-RC3 yourself.
                  - Wait till spring 2.0 with decent pom's and depend on the modules and ignore the monolitic thing => long term perfect solution

Comment

Geoffrey,

I will try the second solutions ;-).

Thanks for your advises.

Dominique

Comment

There appears to be some sort of build issue

Originally posted by ge0ffrey View Post
                      gregturn, I 've just added a link to your wikigate in articles, it should show up with the next site deploy
                      Thanks. I scrubbed that page a little more and now also have links so anyone can read my "build logs." It seems right now, there is some maven or spring-rcp issue that is not allowing the build to complete, and thus the javadocs are not generated (except for core).

The logfile showing this issue is posted at https://scifi.homelinux.net/spring-rcp-log/install.txt (which you can now get to via https://scifi.homelinux.net/mediawik...ring_Framework)

Comment

Geoffrey,

I excluded the 1.2.8 from my project and insert the 2.0-rc3, I read also, as you recommend, the upgrade from o.2.x to 0.3.X and my issue was the eventExceptionHandler, once I removed it from the lyficeCycleAdvisor, it works perfect.

Thanks again.
                        Dominique

Comment

Dominique: now you're using the default, which is inferiour (but as good as the old one was), there are better java1.5 only exception handlers in the tiger module.

Be sure to take a look at PetclinicStandalone's exceptionHandlingView, to understand why you want beter exception handlers.

Comment

Working...
                          X