Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVC-model - where is the controller ?

Hello together,

I'm just totally confused about the presentation side of Spring RCP, while I'm writing the related chapter of my diploma.

When I'm right, I have a Form, a FormModel and the GUI-Components. The createControl() Method lets the ControlFactory create the JComponent, which in my eyes is more a View than an Controller. The FormModel holds the FormObject and Objectproperties are bound to their GUI-Components with the ValueModels. The Form itself includes the Actions and controls the creation.

So my question is, how are the RCP Classes related to the MVC-Model? I would associate the components as following:

Model - FormModel
    View - generated JComponent (createFormControl())
    Controller - Form

Seem to be wrong, because its just named the other way around.
    Would be nice, if someone could explain where i'm wrong and why the components are named as they are.

thanks a lot for help and best regards...
    sebastian

mmmhh... no reply....

perhaps my post was somehow unclear...

I read Peter de Bruykers presentation about the spring rich client.
    http://www.bejug.org/confluenceBeJUG...debruycker.pdf

Page 25 includes a figure which shows the Form Object and its dependet FormModel and GUI-Components. Looks like the MVC Model with FormModel as Model, GUI-Components as View and Form as Controller.

I just need the hint if I'm right in that assumption or if there is another meaning.

thanks for help,
    sebastian

Comment

Working...
    X