X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Tortoise SVN Client, document

Hi All, Ive created a step through guide for fetching the project from SourceForge using the Tortoise SVN Client with image grabs etc. Its basic stuff, but Id say its useful for new starters and those new to tortoise, subversion etc. Maybe it could be of use in the main website at some stage.

My thoughts are that anything that makes it easier to get started is more likely to keep peoples interest.

Its too large to attach here, is there somewhere I can place this document?

Is this type of thing useful to the project? Any feedback? I may do more as I go along if its useful.

Cheers

Alan

We can add it to developmentSetup.apt, but I 've been thinking to split up that document into several documents (building, ide, ...), it's getting to long.
    Did you write it in APT? (if not it should be easily changable to that). We prefer it that way to keep the website style in sync etc.
    Images go in src/site/resources/...

take a look at "help out" on the site on how to provide well-formed patches, because those are really easy for us to apply.
    Just assign such jira issues to me btw.

Comment

On the other hand, such a guide applies for all tortoise users.
      Maybe it's better to send it to the tortoisesvn site and we directly link to that page? They'll probably maintain it a lot better over the years.

Comment

...well, ive blogged it so ppl can access it. Its menat to be spring rich specific, thats the main point I guess. So sending it to Tortoise wasnt what I had in mind. Id agree the site probably needs reorganised as it can get confusing when starting off, though its great that its there *at all*!!

Anyway, Ill maybe do some more stuff, and announce it here if its ever considered really useful then maybe it can be considered for use on the site.

Blogged at

http://amcauley.blogspot.com/

CHeers

Alan

Comment

I 've added it to the arcticles page:

* {{{http://amcauley.blogspot.com/}Checking out Spring-richclient with TortoiseSVN}}

Will be online with the next site deploy

Comment

BTW, considered adding it to jroller? it's good publicity for spring-richclient too

Comment

I hadnt actually, but could be done! I have another here for using maven I might put up. As I said, its all pretty basic, but useful no doubt to someone.

Whilst Im here, I have a bit of free time and am thinking I could possibly document some aspect of the project.

Any ideas? Whwere is best to discuss this? The idea is that it would focus me on trying out or learning some aspect of the project.

I have worked on pre 0.1 srping rich and used it commercially (successfully I might add!), now Im just getting back in to it to keep on the pulse and learn. SO whilst im in this mood, is there some low hanging fruit i could grab, try out and document that the project people think would be useful?

Cheers

Alan

Comment

Working...
              X