Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems setting up RCP 4 development

Hey guys,

I'm just curious as to whether the instructions on the page: http://spring-rich-c.sourceforge.net...mentSetup.html

are accurate and up to date.

I tried setting up the project and I ran all mvn install and mvn eclipse:eclipse commands but it doesn't seem to give me a proper set of source code.

I still have things like "package $package" at the head of java files. And there just seems to be a whole lot of source files missing.

Is there anything i should know about that i'm missing when it comes to setting up RCP for development?

Thanks
    Johnny A

Hi,

The problem with "package $package" and similar things most probably come from spring-richclient-archetype project under Eclipse. It is actually not a problem at all. The folder /src/main/resources contains Java code templates that are not meant to be syntax-validated as Java source, but Eclipse does exact that :-)

If this is bothering you, just close the archetype project. It would be nice if Eclipse had a way to specify that certain source folders contains unparseable resources to be copied to output directory.

Hope this clears things a bit,

Andrius

Comment

I am not an eclipse user (intellij addict). A patch for the developerSetup.apt which adds a sentence to clear this problem up is very welcome

Comment

Andrius,

Thanks for the reply. Yep you're right about the archetype project. But I don't think any of the projects are right since i don't have any of the expected java files...

I haven't given up yet i'm gonna try the whole process one more time. (This will be the third time). Crossing my fingers.

Cheers
        Johnny

Comment

Actually I just had a look at the online repository:

http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.c...ng-richclient/

and i can't seem to find any of the core java source files there. What's up with that? If i am mistaken can some actually point me to an instance of the java sources for RCP core??

UPDATE: I just did a fresh checkout from subversion and it looks like most java files are missing. The core/src/main/java dir is empty as are most others.
          I used the svn checkout command listed on the RCP website:

svn checkout https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/...ng-richclient/ spring-richclient

Thanks
          Johnny
          Last edited by johnny; Jul 19th, 2006, 07:55 AM.

Comment

core/src/main/java is empty because everything is still in support/src/main/java and needs to be divided up into the modules.

Comment

Thanks Geoff,

I was under the impression that everything was already divided into modules. Anyways thanks for the clarification. A bit more info on the website would be nice though.

Cheers
              Johnny

Comment

Working...
              X