X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• java 1.4 compatibility

pre-0.1.0 release I was able to run my spring-richclient application on java 1.4. There seem to have been some changes now that don't jive with 1.4.

first, it looks like the dependency to glazed-lists-1.5.0 requires java 1.5. here's my build error:
    c:\shard\shard-phoenix\src\main\java\com\codecrate\shard\ui\view\ ObjectManagerVi
    ew.java:[55,-1] cannot access ca.odell.glazedlists.BasicEventList
    bad class file: C:\Documents and Settings\rsonnek\.m2\repository\net\java\dev\gl
    azedlists\glazedlists\1.5.0\glazedlists-1.5.0.jar(ca/odell/glazedlists/BasicEven
    tList.class)
    class file has wrong version 49.0, should be 48.0

i'm just curious if spring-richclient is declared as java 1.5 only?

It may be compiled by default (or by accident) for 1.5 VMs - try getting the sources and compile it for a 1.4 VM.

Comment

The tiger module and the petclinic sample compile with -target=1.5 classes (so class version 49.0).
      The others don't (so class version 48.0), but spring-richclient has an (optional?) dependency to glazedlist-1.5.0.jar (= jdk1.5, so class version 49.0).

There's a glazedlists-1.5.0-jdk1.4.jar (so class version 48.0) available on the glazedlists website that should be a drop in replacement to run on java 1.4.
      Jesse of Glazedlists told me on the user list that - normally - that should work without changing spring-richclient's integration for glazedlists: just replace the glazedlist jar. Please let us know if it actually does work

Comment

dang, if only glazed lists had that artifact already uploaded to ibiblio. i'll try to request them to have it uploaded.

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/net/ja...s/glazedlists/

Comment

Working...
        X