Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But again: ApplicationWindow and ApplicationPage are not to be made dockable. The Views and Editors are--what is contained on the pages. I think your best bet is to add the capability to ViewPane - replace SimpleInternalFrame with a docking-capable pane.

Comment

Keith,
      It is possible, but it is ugly if I haven't getControl() and getPage() in ApplicatiionWindow interface.
      What is reason that You avoid setter method ?

regards

Comment

Snpe,

ApplicationWindow is a factory for its containing control. That control is scoped by the window instance: created by it, managed by it, and never replaced outside of its control. I can think of no case to put a setter.

The same goes for an window's ApplicationPage. The page can be switched by using the showPage() method on the ApplicationWindow interface: however, the underlying page control and the details of building it/laying it out is kept hidden behind the ApplicationPage implementation.

We're clear the best place to add docking support is with the ViewPane implementation, and within the ApplicationPage implementations? Each ViewPane control should be dockable/stackable at various well-define points within the page area.

Comment

Keith,
          I don't understand - in infonode, I have one Swing component (RoowWindow) and all dockable windows/views are in RootWindow (I can make more RootWindow, but it is separate part then and it isn't solution)
          I want from DefaultApplicationPage/Window next :
          - make JFrame with menu, toolbar etc, but nothing in contentPane
          - I grab JFrame and add RootWindow (or RootWindows) in content pane and add views in
          any area

regards

p.s
          last changes is in cvs and I try again

Comment

Keith,
            it is great now
            maybe it is good inject ApplicationPage, but its is fine

regards

Comment

Working...
            X