Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jump Start into Rich Client programming

Hi guys,

I was hoping i could get some pointers from some of the more experience RCP guys around here.

My background is JSP's and servelets and i know the core Spring stuff. But i'd like to develop some desktop apps and use the Spring Rich Client stuff as that seems to be looking very promising.

But what I'd like to know is what framework's and API's are already out there to help me build my GUI components like tables and forms that are based on beans. I've had a look at Glazed Lists which seems to be a nice way of generating tables although the tutorials don't go much into actually editing the data.

What i would like is some cool framework to help me build a table or form based on a bean and also let me edit the data easily and provide me some basic controls that let me query, edit and save the data in my GUI components.

So what do you guys recommend? Is it a combination of frameworks like Glazed Lists and JGoodies Forms? If so which frameworks should i be using? Right now i pretty much just know the standard Swing stuff.

Thanks guys, any comments are much appreciated.

Cheers
    J

The site has a link to a blog "spring rich a journey" which is a good way to start.

Comment

Working...
    X