Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with PetTypeBinder

Hi,

i've checked out the latest version from cvs today. I always run the petclinic example after update. Now I get the following error when i want add or edit a pet:

Code:
    2006-03-27 11:16:10,279 ERROR org.springframework.richclient.application.config.ApplicationLifecycleAdvisor - 
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at org.springframework.richclient.samples.petclinic.ui.binder.PetTypeBinder.access$0(PetTypeBinder.java:42)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.samples.petclinic.ui.binder.PetTypeBinder$3.getValueModel(PetTypeBinder.java:69)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.form.binding.support.CustomBinding.<init>(CustomBinding.java:35)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.form.binding.swing.ComboBoxBinding.<init>(ComboBoxBinding.java:58)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.samples.petclinic.ui.binder.PetTypeBinder$3.<init>(PetTypeBinder.java:67)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.samples.petclinic.ui.binder.PetTypeBinder.doBind(PetTypeBinder.java:67)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.form.binding.support.AbstractBinder.bind(AbstractBinder.java:96)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.form.binding.support.AbstractBinder.bind(AbstractBinder.java:84)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.form.binding.support.AbstractBindingFactory.createBinding(AbstractBindingFactory.java:67)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.form.binding.support.AbstractBindingFactory.createBinding(AbstractBindingFactory.java:53)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.form.builder.AbstractFormBuilder.getDefaultBinding(AbstractFormBuilder.java:72)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.form.builder.TableFormBuilder.add(TableFormBuilder.java:55)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.form.builder.TableFormBuilder.add(TableFormBuilder.java:47)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.samples.petclinic.ui.PetForm.createFormControl(PetForm.java:36)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.form.AbstractForm.createControl(AbstractForm.java:275)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.factory.AbstractControlFactory.getControl(AbstractControlFactory.java:48)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.dialog.FormBackedDialogPage.createControl(FormBackedDialogPage.java:74)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.dialog.AbstractDialogPage$1.createControl(AbstractDialogPage.java:52)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.factory.AbstractControlFactory.getControl(AbstractControlFactory.java:48)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.dialog.AbstractDialogPage.getControl(AbstractDialogPage.java:197)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.dialog.TitledPageApplicationDialog.createTitledDialogContentPane(TitledPageApplicationDialog.java:78)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.dialog.TitledApplicationDialog.createDialogContentPane(TitledApplicationDialog.java:132)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.dialog.TitledApplicationDialog.addDialogComponents(TitledApplicationDialog.java:120)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.dialog.ApplicationDialog.createDialog(ApplicationDialog.java:306)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.dialog.ApplicationDialog.showDialog(ApplicationDialog.java:272)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.samples.petclinic.ui.OwnerManagerView$NewPetAction.doExecuteCommand(OwnerManagerView.java:486)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.command.ActionCommand.execute(ActionCommand.java:188)
    	at org.springframework.richclient.command.ActionCommand$1.actionPerformed(ActionCommand.java:123)
    	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$ForwardActionEvents.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
    	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
    	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
    	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
    	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$MouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
    lost
    closed
    Is there any one out there who also get this error?

markus

cvs? It's in subversion now, see our website at spring-rich-c.sf.net

Comment

I just swiched to using the SVN version.

The libs are missing so I had to copy them all from CVS.
      I had to create my own eclipse project.
      Also, how do you build the jar? I dont see any sort of build file.

Comment

one word...

... maven ...

Comment

Originally posted by agent613
          I just swiched to using the SVN version.

The libs are missing so I had to copy them all from CVS.
          I had to create my own eclipse project.
          Also, how do you build the jar? I dont see any sort of build file.
          If you follow http://spring-rich-c.sourceforge.net...mentSetup.html
          you don't need to copy libs (maven willl download them from Ibiblio - but you might wanna use a mirror), you don't need to set those libs in your project (maven will generate you a .project), etc

There is one issue at this time though, with "mvn install eclipse:eclipse" is that the modules are included twice (will be fixed in svn soon).

Comment

Whoah, that took a long time to setup.

Ok, I got it all going now (after manually removing the duplicate modules from all the projects and manually adding them to the sandbox which currently has none).

One question: when I build the thing, it creates 1 target jar per module. How do I get it all in one giant jar file?

Comment

How long did it take?
              Did it take long due to the duplicate modules or just overall?
              Got any ideas how to shorten it?
              Did you do all optional things (like installing jboss/tomcat etc)?

Comment

about an hour or 2 I guess of overall time.
                Removing duplicates only took me a minute.

I already had eclipse and jdk5 and Tomcat.
                I had to install subclipse and maven.
                Not having used any of these things before, I can't give many concrete suggestions.
                I followed the directions and they were very clear and straightforward.
                The biggest hurdle for me was just that after getting the source, I didnt know what any of the files were for. There are all these files I had never heard of and almost all the java code was in support with most other modules completely empty. The fact that each of the modules are in its own eclipse project was a bit annoying as I would prefer one big project. I'm never going to use one piece without the others.

I still dont know how to make one big springrichclient.jar

Comment

the full module makes one big spring-richclient.jar but it's not run in a normal "mvn install".
                  do

mvn install
                  cd full
                  mvn install
                  cd target
                  ls (or dir)

I 'll document that.

There ya go But it's much better to use the modules, like with spring, where it's also better to use the modules instead of the massive spring.jar.
                  Moduralization makes code maintainable.

Comment

ok, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X