Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible scenario for using spring rich?

Hello,

first of all, many thanks for this great framework!

Then, I have to apologize for this rather lengthy mail. I would like to describe the application which I want to port to spring rich.

It makes extensive use of tabbed panes in multiple simultaneously visible JFrames and I would like to ask you whether it is feasible or maybe someone would identify major obstacles.

My app is a medical one which has a main JFrame (PatientListFrame) which presents a JTable of the patients in one tab and a 'preferences' view in another tab, where one can e.g. add new therapy types.

Double click on one of the patients opens a new JFrame (PatientDetailsFrame), which again contains a JTabbedPane which present different views of a patient's data.

In one of the tabs of this tabbed pane, there is a splitpane with a vertical split bar. To the left, there is a JTree whose nodes represent patient visits and therapies. Selecting one node puts an 'editor' view into the right side of the split pane which shows details of this visit or therapy.

Now some requirements:

1) when I change the therapy's data in an 'editor' view, the tree node's text must be updated or the sort order of the nodes must be changed

3) when I change e.g. the patient's name in one of the tabs of PatientDetailsFrame, the name in the JTable in PatientListFrame needs to be updated, too

4) when I add a therapy type in PatientListFrame's preferences tab, the editor views for a therapy should reflect this change by showing the new type in their therapy type combobox

5) there are no "Save Changes" buttons in the views, so changes should be persisted automatically (ideally with an 'undo' option) when tabs are changed, or a DetailsFrame is closed

6) validation of an object involves multiple fields, e.g. if attribute x > 2.5, then attribute y must be 0

7) in one single view, there might be some attributes of a parent object, a table of child objects (a Set in a hibernate-generated classes) and details of a selected child

8) multiple clients can connect to the same (hibernate) data source, when one of them modifies a patient, the other client's data should be updated (and the user notified)

Do you see any problems or shall I start coding?

Many thanks for your patience

Kambiz

1) when I change the therapy's data in an 'editor' view, the tree node's text must be updated or the sort order of the nodes must be changed

3) when I change e.g. the patient's name in one of the tabs of PatientDetailsFrame, the name in the JTable in PatientListFrame needs to be updated, too

4) when I add a therapy type in PatientListFrame's preferences tab, the editor views for a therapy should reflect this change by showing the new type in their therapy type combobox
    Don't think these are a problem, an example can be found in the pet clinic example (The OwnerManagerView is an ApplicationListener, listening to application wide events, and responds to changes to owners)

5) there are no "Save Changes" buttons in the views, so changes should be persisted automatically (ideally with an 'undo' option) when tabs are changed, or a DetailsFrame is closed
    I *think* there's the possibility to add listeners to a tabpanel, or to listen to a view's lifecycle

6) validation of an object involves multiple fields, e.g. if attribute x > 2.5, then attribute y must be 0
    sounds like a job to the validationframework to me. You definitly can do that.

7) in one single view, there might be some attributes of a parent object, a table of child objects (a Set in a hibernate-generated classes) and details of a selected child
    No problem, a view can arrange it's own layout and can use all the components you want

8) multiple clients can connect to the same (hibernate) data source, when one of them modifies a patient, the other client's data should be updated (and the user notified)
    not the scope of spring rich client

Hope this helps,

Peter

Comment

Working...
    X