Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• form assists in spring-rcp

Hello,
    Is it possible set assists for any form field :
    for instance, I have list of customers and user go to customer field in order form
    (text, combo etc) for customer code.
    when user type any key (for instance ctrl space) then get popup window with list of customers like code assists in eclipse or any IDE

regards

I think you'll have to register a FormComponentInterceptorFactory that creates FormComponentInterceptor's that add listeners to the JTextField to show the content assistant.

Hope this helps,

Peter

Comment

cool.How I can do it ?

Thanks

Comment

Take a look at the classes in the org.springframework.richclient.text of the sandbox area, they create all the stuff that's needed to have a popupmenu in standard text fields.

You'll have to register your factory in the richclient-application-context.xml file.

I have the code to create a content assistant somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Good luck...

Greetz,

Peter

Comment

It isn't popup menu - it is windows with lists string, but it have to change on key typing
          for instance, if user type character S then list have all customer with starting s etc

I see popupmenu, but it isn't what I want

This is standarda request for rich application - for petclinic exapmle - waht when exist 10000 owners or 30000 vets - tree is unusable

thanks

Comment

I didn't mean that you can use the popupmenu for "content assist" functionality, but that you could implement "content assist" behaviour using your own FormComponentInterceptor.

Comment

http://www.orbital-computer.de/JComboBox/

Comment

I guess I was a little bit tired this weekend. Let's try again:

Yep, that was also the page I was looking at.

I think you could create a FormComponentInterceptor (and factory) to add this functionality to JComboBoxes.

Hope I made myself a little clearer,

Peter

Comment

Working...
                X