Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database Syupport in Spring Rich Client.

Hi,

I am at the moment creating the design of a rich client application. I have come across spring in the past when searching for a framework for a web project. Now I heard that I can use spring framework on rich clients as well.

I must admit that my experience on spring is not immense; however I read on different pages on the net that spring supports database access both with Hibernate and JDBC.

My question is whether this support is still available in the Spring Rich Client Project?

Regards,
    Sim085
    Last edited by sim085; Jan 30th, 2006, 06:49 AM.

Spring Rich is built on the foundation of the spring framework. You can easily wire up all other spring services in spring rich. So the answer is yes.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the fast response

I wanted to add another question, whether it is possible to make DML changes as well?

Regards,
      Sim085

Comment

Yes. You have full access to all jdbc functionality.

Comment

Thanks kees,

You gave me enough information to make me search more on the subject, maybe even try to buy a book (if one is already out).

Thanks again

Regards,
          Sim085

Comment

No books on spring rich yet. But there is an excellent book on Spring: Professional Java Development with the Spring Framework (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/076...476462-6559843)

Comment

Thanks ... I will check with my bookstore for it, coz I will really need it for my nxt project.

Comment

Working...
              X