X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed Width an 'Explorer' View using VLDocking and SpringRCP

I am working on an application that needs two panels in it's layout, the equivalent of an Explorer panel(view) and an Editor panel(view).

I don't really need docking but have started with the VLDocking framework and set in it's layout the Views I need.

I just have one problem. I can't seem to see how I can fix the width of the Explorer View.

I need it to be fixed regardless or resizing or maximizing. I also need it to be fixed regardless or closing and saving layout state.

The ExplorerView will have a form of fixed ComboBoxes and input fields and only needs a certain set width for this.

So I can see three options:

1) Set the <Split orientation="1" location> in the vldocking.xml and find a way to prevent writing/changing this file on close().

2) There is something in the VLDocking or Spring RCP API to set the width and make it fixed.

3) Dump VLDocking and possibly I can achieve what I want to do without VLDocking.

I had a go at Number 3 initially but I couldn't see how to lay out my Views in the way I wanted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Working...
X