Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contributing to the project

Hello,

thanks for a very helpful project!

I would like to contribute to it (with a friendlier bootstrapping procedure), is there a mailing list where I could jump in or other communication channel?

Thanks,

--
    Kresimir

Hello Kresimir,

I don't think there is a mailing list, but you could discuss things on this forum or otherwise in the context of a specific JIRA ticket.
    Also make sure you check the contribution guidelines at:
    https://github.com/SpringSource/spri...ONTRIBUTING.md

Erwin

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the info.

Anyhow - the default location Spring Shell looks for application context configuration file (classpath:/META-INF/spring/spring-shell-plugin.xml) is hardcoded in the Bootstrap class and I didn't find a way to change it. I ended up copying the Bootstrap class source to create a custom bootstrap - one that loads a different application context in initPluginApplicationContext(...) method.

I think it would be nice if that method were overridable or if there was a facility in Bootstrap class to provide path to a different application context.

Br,

--
      Kresimir

Comment

I would also like to contribute to the project. It looks nice and we are using it in some projects already. Looked at the contribution aggreement form, but could not find "spring-shell" anywhere. Is it a Spring Extensions project?

Anyway, I really hope this could be a more active project. Please let me know how I can help.

BR,
        Sten Roger

Comment

Hi All,

I am also new to Spring source community and I am building spring framework from source.

I have succeeded in building and importing spring framework source to STS but could not figure out how to run spring sub projects. It seems there are no main methods and also its not a j2ee project . please help me . It might seems like a dumb question , please pardon for it.

Comment

Hi All,

I got the answer thanks to Enrico

Comment

Working...
            X