Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ability to execute commands without loading entire shell?

This may sound like an odd request, but is there (or will there be) a way to use the shell to execute a command without having to go into the shell interface directly first? IE run it via a script say a cron or what not.

I have a tool that I wrote that works in a much more basic way like spring shell. However I would like to move it to Spring Shell but it won't do me any good if I can't execute a command off the command line without requiring the entire parser. When I am testing and working local I would love the interface to use to setup the commands and make sure they work. But when if I were to push it to production where everything is automated that interface would just get in the way.

Hi Judd,

You can use the --cmdfile command line options to execute a file that contains spring shell commands.

http://static.springsource.org/sprin...ll.html#d4e155 has some documentation on the command line options.

I don't know what you mean by IE running it via a script, but you can certainly use cron/quartz or another scheduler to execute a command that will run the shell and execute a script.

Cheers,
    Mark

Comment

Actually that will work for my needs, since I can setup a set of commands to be run depending on the environment. Thanks!

Somehow I missed that in the documentation when I first went over it, so I apologize for that oversight.

Comment

I don't know what you mean by IE managing it via a system, but you can certainly use cron/quartz or another scheduler to execute a management that will run the invest and execute a system.

Comment

Working...
        X